Chapter Twenty [TW] : The End of the Beginning (2/2)

It was hours after the dinner party that was held in GIRLGANG's mansion when Jiana had a call from her little sister at four in the morning.

She had gotten home by around one in the morning, which was not something out of the ordinary because she would often stay later hours back when she was studying medical and hospital hours combined. Emergencies were expected in her field of work; she knew this, but receiving a call from her little sister at four in the morning along the raspy tone of; I've cut it in too deep, was enough to bolt her out of her bed ridden longing.

Didn't take her more than ten minutes to pull up their front house, the sun still hiding from the shadows—the darkness and quietness of the place enough for her to discreetly get inside the mansion, only to see Penny, who seemed like she was also woken up from her slumber with a look something Jiana couldn't decipher.

"Where is she?" she asks quietly, calmly, Penny gesturing to her to go to the backyard—where the celebration just from earlier had finished. The set-up was still there, but the girl she was looking for was at the rounded bonfire couch—looking down at her legs with sweaty exposure.

She made quick drastic steps, seeing the first aid kit beside her while she was stopping her cut from bleeding even more with bandages on top of it. "Let me," she kneeled, biting her lip harshly at the sight of the deep cut Athena had done on her inner thighs, along with the healing scars that she had done before.

"Ah," Athena groaned quietly, whimpering as she threw her head back—gripping the couch. "Hah,"

The flesh was almost breaking out, and Jiana had a hard time, for the first time in her life, looking at a wound. "She needs stitches," she deadpanned, glancing at Penny who immediately nodded her head and went back inside again.

"Ah, that's—hm," despite the pain, Jiana looked up at Athena who had a smile on her face—eyes hazing as it kept fluttering close and open, as if in daze. "It feels better,"

"Quiet," she didn't want to hear it—she didn't.

"Okay," Athena says quietly, though the grateful expression on her pained face lingered for quite some time. Penny came, Jiana demanded a few orders here and there while Athena had remained silent. "I'm scared of needles," admits Athena in a small whisper, just in time when Jiana pressed down on the needle on her skin, the whimper falling off the younger girl's lips.

She then began stitching.

She began stitching, gently—in a way that she knew wouldn't leave much mark when it was healed. She tried to make it look like a scratch, shutting it tight but beautifully—as pretty and quick as she could. Athena would giggle once in a while, her body relaxing a bit when it was almost finished—her sweaty face took care of Jiana too when she was done, wiping it off with a towel gently.

After cleaning up a bit, Jiana gave the trash to Penny and the first aid kit. "Burn these. Quietly. Figure it out yourself." she says, gesturing the bloodied bandages, tissues, and even the needles. Just like that, Penny was out of their sight.

She sat beside Athena.

"You speak to Penny like that as if you didn't hire her to spy on me," Athena chuckles tiredly—the loose thick robe she had on outside being fixed by Jiana once again. It was slipping off her shoulders exposing her creamy, unbruised skin. "Thanks for hiring her, she's the best bodyguard I've had my whole life."

Jiana only looked at her, the baby hairs that stuck on her skin—the pale hue of her lips, the ghostly ambiance of her existence floating around the air, incomparable to the ambiance she had seen of her little sister around people just earlier in the evening. Lively. Compared to this; barely existing.