Chapter Fourteen : BLACKPINK ft. Athena

"Unnie,"

"Unnie wake up,"

"Unnie!"

Bolting up her bed, Athena held onto her chest just in time when Aera held her to steady her—the girls' face full of sweat, gasping as if she was looking for oxygen, Aera already tending to her by wiping her sweat away. "I—I—"

"It's okay, you're okay unnie," Aera comforted, biting her lip, not wanting much to express her worry even though she had been for how many months now. Athena decided to sleep beside her tonight, and for some reason, it felt like Athena knew she was going to have bad dreams and the only one who can mend it for the time being was Aera, who had always been there for her. "It's me, Aera, calm down,"

Athena closed her eyes then, after making sure she knew where she was. She began to relax even more when she felt Aera dabbing a towel all over her face because she was sweating so much. "I'm—I'm sorry—"

"Don't apologize," Aera quickly cut off, giving her a look, before sighing. "It's fine. I'm always here when you need me," she says, before turning to her closet to get the girl another pair of shirts because she was sweating off her nightly attire. She didn't mind, she really didn't—more so, she was thankful that Athena was comfortable and trusted her enough to confide and be with her whenever she had nightmares.

It had been like that for how many months, Luna knew of it since Aera told her and they all had known for a while, and since Athena was comfortable with Aera going through this nightmare process, Luna let Aera take care of their girl. "Shit," Athena shut her eyes tightly and clutched on her chest—enough to send Aera worry to death.

"What's wrong?"

"It just made my chest hurt a bit," Athena let out, caressing her chest just above her heart.

Aera stilled.

"But I'm okay, I'm alright." Athena reassured, opening a small, pained smile that Aera bit her lip enough to cause bleeding if she continued to do so. "Hey, I'm good. I swear," she reached for Aera's hand, squeezing it for furthermore assurance.

"What is it this time?" Aera opened up, wanting to know about another dream that made her chest hurt. "YG? BLACKPINK girls? GD?" she asked, suggestions which were always related to unfortunate events.

"No no," Athena answers, shaking her head. "It's about my family. Just. . .memories from before the car accident," she revealed, making Aera stare at her because that was. . .a first. Athena dreams about her family, about the accident. "Unnie. . . " she trailed, and then shook her head.

"Your. . .older sister?" Aera trailed, quiet and tone not as invasive as she gauge for an answer.

Athena nodded.

"After eomma and appa died on impact directly from the car accident, eonnie abandoned me after that," Athena revealed easily, enough to perk Aera's ears. "The memory. . .her and I—the time when she told me that it was my fault eomma and appa are gone—if I didn't—if I didn't ask them to go to the carnival for my birthday and just celebrated at home and then—then they still would've been al—" she stopped, hallowing a choke that made Aera take her hand, squeezing it in return.

It was new information, linked to the older sister Athena has. And hearing that made Aera's heart hurt and feel dread for such behavior.

What kind of older sister abandons her younger sister who had been in the same accident and barely made it out alive just like that?

Her unnie's older sister, of course. Aera thought sarcastically.

"And you know, maybe—maybe she's ri—"