Chapter Seventeen [TW] : The Princess of KPOP, Golden Girl, IT Girl, Lim Athena

Never in a million years would they have imagined the day that they will be in the same place, same couch, same air—GIRLGANG and BLACKPINK.

Sure, they imagined it with Athena around, because, well, Athena has always been around to keep both groups sane, but this time, Athena was not around, yet here they are—the girls inside the room with a raging air of tension they couldn't quite decipher. Probably the only ones who talked freely without tension were Lisa and Yeona, since they became buddies that time when Athena introduced BLACKPINK to them during Jessi's party last year. The two had hung out a lot as well, and the tension around them couldn't break their friendship apart even if the situation tried. "So. . are we just going to pretend that this is not weird at all? Having BLACKPINK in our house." Aera started, finally breaking the silence which Yeona and Lisa only broke.

Luna, who snapped out of her trance, was the first one to speak. "Not to be rude, though this is pretty much as a surprise, but what are you doing here?"

Jennie, who still couldn't say a word for some reason, nudged Jisoo beside her.

The older girl complied. "We're just. . .we were with. . .Athena earlier," she started, opening a gentle smile at Luna, who she had always perceived as the most reserved yet intimidating one out of all of them. Surprisingly. They always heard words passed around that Luna was nothing but a sweetheart, the mother of GIRLGANG, however—that does not apply whenever Luna looked at them. It carried some sort of. . . strong dislike.

"Okay," Luna nodded slowly, adding; "And?"

"We're just. . worried," Jisoo continued, looking away from her to the others, Aera and Yeona. She couldn't hold much eye contact with their eldest.

"Why are you worried?"

"GD's. . back from abroad," Lisa now opened, the blonde girl biting her lip. They all looked at her. "Athena was supposed to hang with us today around the studio again. . but GD came, and he swept her off her feet."

"What do you mean swept her off her feet?" Yeona asked this time, knitting her brows—though it alarmed them, hearing the man's name.

"She just. . acted like. .like someone we know. . .back then, around him." Jennie explained quietly, hushing her words. "I'm sure you all know that Athena and GD are not meant for each other; I mean—they're not good for each other, especially when they're together. We're beyond worried that something might happen to her once she starts hanging out with GD again, which, I think, will be quite often."

Luna pursed her lips. "And your worry drove you here, I suppose?"

"We figured that maybe, you can—she listens to all of you, I don't think she will listen to us. Maybe if you tell her to not hang out with GD often, it would be nice."

"No," Luna said, making not only her members look at her, but also BLACKPINK and Athena's older sister. "I think you may be mistaken, but she doesn't listen to us that much as she does to you. But to think about it, why would she listen to you in the first place?"

"Unnie—"

"I'm not being rude, I'm just saying the truth," Luna gave Yeona a glance, making the maknae keep her lips away from the situation. "Given your history with her, it'll be a long way for her to trust you. That's why you're running to us, because you think we can help you with her."

It was such an eerie feeling, watching and hearing Luna speak those words. Athena had always been the most overprotective one out of all of them, that at some point sometimes they forget that Luna can be very extreme on protecting people she loves. There was a reason why Athena listened to her, the reasons why Athena feared Luna. They were the equal of each other, though none would care to admit it openly. The BLACKPINK girls knew this too.