one.

—   —   —   —   —   —   —   —   —   —   —   —

The busy streets of Encanto never failed to entertain you. As every morning goes, the Madrigal family are currently preparing for a day full of hard work, helping around everyone in the town.

“HURRY, HURRY!”

Children's bickering could be heard from a mile away as they excitedly ran through people with grins on their faces.

It was just like any other day—but not for Encanto. After years, another fated child will recieve the blessing of the miracle that was bestowed upon the town during their darkest times. Yeah, it's a story almost everyone knows by this time.

As a daily routine, you made your way up to the hill where Casita Madrigal stands. For years, you've made good friends with most of the Madrigal family, such as Bruno and Mirabel.
Although, Bruno was a one-day-meeting. I wonder where he left.
After the night of Mirabel's gift ceremony, he disappeared without a trace. There were plenty of rumours that circled around his abscence of ten years:

He went to hide to plot for his next disaster.

He hid in his secret rat lair.

He hated the Madrigals and plotted for their downfall with the rats.

He was jealous of Isabella for being the golden child, so he went and told the rats to spy on her to get blackmail and steal Casita's candle.

Yeah, they all sounded pretty stupid. 

The rumours made zero sense–other than the rat lair. You remembered how the rats would surround him whenever you saw him outside.

You walked up the hill, catching a glimpse of three kids shouting while standing behind a bush.

“Hey, where's my magic gift happen?!”

“My cousin's ceremony is tonight.”

A familiar voice rang in your ears. You gave a light chuckle as you waved from behind the children talking to your friend.

“(Y/N)!” Mirabel smiled ecstatically while waving with her free hand, the other occupied with a stack of plates probably for the family members.

The three kids looked up at you, not aware that you were standing just behind them earlier.

“....No, no, no, no— OOF!” You fell on your back as you were swarmed by the children who happily pounced on you as a greeting. So much for trying to stay fresh for the day, huh?
You were unable to stop the huge grin spreading on your face so quickly as the small movements from the children tickled your body all over.

“(Y/N)!” They shouted in chorus.

“Alright, alright, get off me, haha!”

Reluctantly, the children obliged. Calming down, you laid still on the grass for a few moments while listening to the exchange between Mirabel and the children.

“Who's all the amazing Madrigals?!”

“You're not leaving me alone are you?” Mirabel cocked an eyebrow as you sat up and watched her fix the dining table and prepare the drinks for her family's morning gathering.

“Casita, help me out. (Y/N), wanna join?” She asked, watching you dust off the dirt off your long skirt.

You raised a hand, “Nope, as much as a musical number sounds interesting, it's too early for me to torture my vocal chords.”

The children laughed at your excuse while the other took another sip from his small cup of black coffee. For a moment you wondered why he held such a strong drink for such a young kid like him, but oh well, it's not like you don't drink coffee like that on some mornings too.