twenty-five.

DAY 1

It was a sunny morning in the humble community of Encanto. The loud sounds of children clamoring outside the house of the Madrigal family woke up one of the grandchildren quite earlier than scheduled, a teenage girl with green glass sliding down the stairs energetically, passing by her passed grandfather's portrait hung on the wall. 

"Morning, Abuelo!" The magical house guided her steps, carefully landing her into the dining room as plates slid from the cabinet and rolled themselves on the table then into her arms. 

"HI, MIRABEL!" Four children yelled in unison as their heads popped out of a bush in front of the dining room window. The aforementioned girl grinned and waved to the small group. 

It has been days ever since Mirabel reconciled with her grandmother. It was truly a gruesome journey, honestly. She had to cross the cliff in Bruno's tower to reach the vision cave, she had to race across the house to save the candle, she opened up to her family, she reconciled with her older sister, it was an exhilarating experience. And what made it all the more shocking, she did it all with the help of Adriana Destreza. 

Her friend was always there for her, and she owed everything to her braveness and empathy. She wouldn't have found who she was for her family without her support. The only child of the Destreza household, whose mother and father left at such a young age. Weirdly enough, it didn't feel right to label her as an only child, it was as though she was used to perceiving her as someone with a sibling. But as far as her knowledge goes, there was only one Destreza in the Encanto.

"Good morning," Mirabel greeted the children while placing the respective plates in front of each chair, one owned by a certain individual in the family. There was an additional chair added in thanks to the return of Bruno, who disappeared ten years ago after foreseeing the prophecy of the magic's downfall. 

"Mira, mi vida, you're up so early," Julieta emerged from the staircase and greeted her youngest daughter with a kiss on her cheek, her husband following from behind. 

"Morning, Mami, Papi," The girl giggled at her mother's gesture and continued setting the utensils on the dining table. "I don't have much to do anyways," 

"Aren't you going to (Y/N)'s this afternoon?" Agustín quipped while taking a sip from his morning coffee the house offered to him. Mirabel looked at her father in a confused manner, tilting her head from his words. 

"Who?" 

The male looked at his daughter with an equal amount of confusion plastered on his face. "Who's (Y/N), Papi?" Mirabel was genuinely confused, but a thought behind her head was practically clawing its way out of its prison, wanting to tell her something. But it failed, a memory hidden quite well inside her thoughts. 

"I-I'm not sure," Agustín looked at the ground and pondered over what he said. He thought for a moment who the person was, trying to understand why that name slipped out. "I must still be sleepy," Julieta gave her husband's back a small pat, not surprised that he's imagining things again. 

"Maybe (Y/N) is just an old name you heard in the city, Mi Amor," She said, holding his hand in hers. 

"Good morning,"

"Morning,"

Isabela and Dolores were the next pair to come down the stairs in their sleepwear, the latter getting a cup of coffee for herself to awaken her senses. A drowsy Antonio revealing himself from behind her sister's dress. He mumbled a morning greeting, to which the other members of the family ecstatically responded with one of their own. His adorable charm was enough to wake them up.