eight.

Marriage was a sacred act that expressed a union of love and compassion two people felt strongly for each other. Most times, they were set in a grandiose scenario with white-themed decor that was finely accentuated with golden shimmer. Flowers would never be the main attraction as the bride can be easily compared to their beauty, dress setting guests agape with the design and structure, the bride's face glowing with joy, an embodiment of purity as the couple would share their vows in front of the altar.

They would promise each other a healthy life full of joys and sorrows shared with one another through thick and thin, standing by their sides through sickness or in health, thriving hand-in-hand in life or death from thereafter. Their souls would be bound as a single form, sealed off with a kiss.

Technically, marriage would be a little girl's dream. Getting married to the love of their life that saw the mesmerizing beauty each child held inside.

For Pepa, the one she sought after was Felix. His comforting nature attracted the temperamental Madrigal who never failed to express her emotions openly. Her gift was mainly the reason why she couldn't control her habit of frantically losing herself in her emotions, thus leading to a thundercloud that took a toll on her and the people around her.

"I just want to know if it was generally positive, or--" Mirabel, not wanting to enrage her tía, tried as much as possible to ask about her tío Bruno about the visions he gave to everyone before he left.

You were standing at the side of the door that opened inwards into the nursery, watching as Pepa tried so hard to calm herself down by chanting 'clear skies, clear skies' as a distraction. Now you could clearly see how much Felix was an important attribute to being with Pepa Madrigal.

The door slammed open, making a loud noise that shook the people inside the nursery. Other than you that is. You stood still at the side as the wooden door painfully hit your nose, feeling it swell from the sudden pressure it received as tears started forming at the edges of your eyes.

"It was a nightmare!"

You muttered a cuss, making sure it was only audible to yourself as to not stop the couple from sharing any further information they held regarding Bruno. Mirabel's eyes widened as she expected a clear answer from her tío.

"He would foresee something, and then," Felix tried his best to mimic a ticking bomb countdown by clicking his tongue while aggressively pointing his finger at Mirabel. It was like holding her at gunshot but in a bit more comical sense. "Boom! Something terrible would happen."

"We don't talk about Bruno!" Pepa hurriedly placed her finger on her husband's lips, getting in between him and her niece to intervene in the conversation. Her attempt, unfortunately, failed.

"She needs to know, Pepi, they need to know." Felix continued with a glance towards you then his wife. You were intrigued with the experience this couple shared that led to Pepa being so cautious at the single utterance of her brother's name.

Was she scared and believed in superficial beliefs that pointed to Bruno bringing misfortune or did she just miss her brother so much? Does she not want to thunder at the night of Isabela's engagement? Or does she despise her brother to the point she refuses to even hear his name?

"What if you didn't understand what he saw?" You chimed in, earning a look from the weather-wife who glared at you with big eyes. She didn't want any more fuel to the flame as she already expected her husband not to stop talking about that one dreaded day if we kept pushing.

"Then you better find out, because he was coming for you!" Felix turned between you and Mirabel. You held your nose while sharing a glance towards your friend who seemed to have an equal amount of confusion you were having.