six.

"Diego," your breath hitched in your throat as the familiar male stood in front of you with a smile present on his face. The sun highlighted his well-toned features, making him look like an angel that blessed you with his mere prescence.

"Hola, amiga. Is your sister here?" He asked, giving you a sharp pang through your heart.
You shook your head with a sombre gaze.

"She headed out with Diana to play, didn't your sister tell you?"

Apparently Diana had snuck out last night from their home. The siblings had a rough fight, it must've been terrible, seeing how Diana would go so far as to run away. But why bring Adriana?

"Dios mío," Diego placed his finger on his temple, his actions pensive as he turned to his back facing you.

This was an unexpected turn of events. Unfortunately, you can't call on Camilo to accompany this poor man as the Madrigals are busy preparing for the engagement dinner.
Your heart paced swiftly. Being alone with Diego while looking for your sisters? Not the afternoon you had hoped to spend.

"Why don't you come inside first? You look like you need to calm down." Diego took the offer without hesitation and thanked you for your hospitality.

As his figure entered your home, you felt yourself stagger in place, hand gripping on the doorknob for dear life. Your hand ran through your hair as you finally realized the situation you put yourself into.

You were alone.

with Diego.

Adriana wasn't here.

What were you thinking? This isn't the time to talk about trivial topics, your sister is missing and ran off somewhere with Diana. She's probably out there scared out of her mind, given that she barely knows how to take care of herself without your guidance. 

You closed the door and walked into the living room with a tight smile, hoping to ease Diego's worries somehow by implying that he isn't alone.

"Alright," you took a seat across him. "tell me what happened."

It took Diego a minute to collect his thoughts before finally leaning forward, elbows resting on his knees as his crestfallen expression earned your genuine sympathy.

"It started off as a small indifferent quarrel between the two of us. When suddenly our parents joined in on the conversation and started criticizing her in many ways." He sighed and looked straight at your eyes, looking for comfort. He didn't really care who he was with, but it made him feel calm knowing that you shared the same experience of taking full responsibility of your sister in the abscence of your parents. It was as if the two of you shared a similar burden he didn't have to carry alone.

"I'm guessing she had a breakdown." You guessed, chin leaning against the palm of your hand as your elbow rested on the arm rest. Diego nodded in affirmation.

"Did she say where she was gonna go?" The man in question pondered over the question for a brief moment. 

His eyes brightened for a moment, "Ah, she did say she'll go out with Adriana to their usual spot for now."

"And do you know where that is?"

Diego shook his head no.

You sweatdropped at the man who scratched his chin, smiling awkwardly to lessen the embarrasment.

"It seems like your sister knows what she's doing, señor. She needs some time alone to gather her thoughts." You advised, finding yourself placing your hand atop of his, giving the man's hand a gentle squeeze for reassurance; for both you and him.