twenty-two.

It was a quiet afternoon in the house of the Madrigals. It was unusually peaceful at such an early hour, although it wasn’t like Camilo was too bothered by it at all. If anything, he was partially thankful he had time to collect his thoughts. 

Inside his room, a silent shapeshifter stared at his reflection in the mirror without moving an inch. Using his gift, he turned into you, admiring your features. 

"Hm," He hummed, his hand touching your face carefully. He examined it thoroughly, not wanting to leave a detail unnoticed. "Heh. Pretty." He chuckled to himself, twirling around in your clothes. 

This continued for a few more moments, the shapeshifter enjoying how your face looked in his hands. He could admit fairly, you were adorable. Bright (e/c) eyes that he could drown in, soft skin he could cuddle for years, a beautiful smile that could make anyone's heart race. 

He shifted back into himself, a silly grin on his face after his little (y/n)-admiration-task. 

"Wait, did I miss something?" He whispered to himself, doubtfully looking at his reflection. Yellow ruana, curly hair, green eyes, it was all there. But something felt off .. frantically, the boy turned and made sure to check if he made sure every detail was back to normal. 

"Is this really how I look?" Camilo was panicking. He was always confident when morphing into other people, why is he any different now? 

Is he sure he's Camilo Madrigal now? 

His hands trailed arounds his body and face, patting every area he could to feel if anything was out of place. This was wrong, he thought. There was definitely something out of place, but what is it? 

Clothes, no, ruana and shirt are right. Eyes? No, it still had the same color a bit darker than his mother's. Wait, is that really his eye color? What if he shapeshifted so much he forgot that his eye color was actually brown? Or was it black? Maybe it was yellow? 

How many freckles does he have? Does he have enough? Did he forget a freckle? Did he even have freckles before? His feet, has he always worn sandals? His hands, are they too long or too short? His hair, has it always been curly? Did he have straight hair like Mariano and Diego? Is he actually this short? Or did he get used to this height? 

Does he even like arepas? Or was it just another one of his personas that adapted to one of his forms? How does he even dance? Is his name even Camilo?

The shapeshifter panted heavily, hands on a cabinet as mirrors around him appeared out of nowhere, reflecting his emotion of self-doubt on his appearance and personality. Sweat trickled down his face as he stared at his hands tightly gripping the wooden furniture. He failed to even notice the concerned calls of his sister from outside. Before he started fawning over your features, he made sure to lock the door to prevent anyone from entering. He needed someone now and he sort of regrets locking the way to his family. 

He couldn't move. He merely trembled in place asblack spots started forming in his vision. He tried to steady his breathing but failed miserably, only letting tears and sweat drip onto his hands. 

"CAMILO!" Your voice somehow reached to him, a sparkle of hope igniting in himself. That's right, the two of you spent years together, you would know how he looks, right? He stepped a foot forward, somehow unable to continue on as his weight felt heavy. His body fell to the floor as his doorknob rattled from his family's frantic actions on trying to open the door. 

Barely getting the word out of his mouth, "(Y/N)," he choked, not even recognizing his own voice anymore. He was sure Dolores could hear his pain, hearing the shuffling of his feet as he hugged his knees close to his chest as the mirrors surrounded him.