two.

—   —   —   —   —   —   —   —   —   —   —   —

“SIS, OH MY GOD, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!”

Your sister held up up high in her arms, hugging you tightly without leaving room for air. As soon as you felt a bone crack, you immediately patted her shoulder as a signal for her to let go.

“Dios mios, Adriana, ” You rubbed your arm that hurt from her tight squeeze. “So that's what it feels like to be hugged by Luisa.”

She laughed and sprinted to her room in a hurry after flooding your face with kisses.

“How did you manage to do that anyways?” You leaned against her door, wearing a small smile upon hearing her excitement.

“Your sister has a few tricks up her sleeve.” You let out a playful giggle as your sister did the same.

Surprisingly, you managed to convince Diego to escort Adriana to the gift ceremony held at the Casita Madrigal. In other words, a date. You should be grinning, your sister was finally having a love life after years of grief.

You held your skirt tightly, not realizing the warm tears falling from your eyes as you bit your lips tightly. Your sister proceeded to ramble on and on about what she would wear, asking your thoughts on pairing with Diego tonight.

Why does my sister have to have the same crush as me, again?

“What do you think he'll wear?” She asked excitedly.

You hummed for a moment, wanting to give a sarcastic answer for the sake of teasing your sister.

You shook your head, not wanting to be the cause when your sister's night gets ruined, “He did say he loves royal blue. Don't you have a dress for that?” You tried your best to keep your voice stable, wiping your tears quickly with your hands.

Instead of waiting for her to get ready while talking endlessly about Diego, you went downstairs and headed to the main door to stare at the townsfolk gathering outside to head to the Casita all together.

There were pairs and trios, families even. Candles were lit at the different porches of each house, some even placed on window sills. Yours, one on a window next to the door, and one on a window in your mother's room that faced the forests outside of the encanto.

Gift ceremonies were so big to the point literally everyone was eager to watch. Well, the reason might mainly be because the last gift ceremony didn't work.

After that night, everyone silently panicked in their homes. They were worried for the magic, worried for their home to disappear just because a little girl was unable to recieve her own gift.

You pitied Mirabel.

You could always see her trying her best to be of good use to everyone in her family, always running room to room, cleaning up after their messes, cheering them up when they needed, Mirabel was a wonder even without a gift.

“I mean, I could say her gift is creativity.” You muttered to yourself as you leaned on the open door frame, still waiting for your sister to finish.

Mirabel loved creating new stuff, like the gift the two of you made for Antonio, the little tiger plushie—oh, shit.

Slapping a hand on your face, you immediately felt remorse as that one thought got you thinking.

“I didn't get my gift for Antonio.” You weren't really worried for the reactions the Madrigals would give. You were terrified of Camilo, who would give you non-stop remembrance of how much of a forgetful and awful big sister you are to Antonio.