ten.

"Could you just, stop? Stop trying to help fix my family. You barely even have a complete one, what makes you the judge of what's wrong and what's right in the topic of family?"

Those words were the last you heard from Camilo after that fated day. Approximately, it has been at least three to four days since you visited the La Casa Madrigal. Although, you expected already that you were, in a sense, banned from stepping a foot in that forsaken place. Did you even want to return? Were you prepared to face him after that?

You happened to bump into Mirabel along the marketspace, apologizing sloppily for making her stumble and fall to the ground.

No, you weren't mad at her. You just haven't gotten much sleep over the few days because your overthinking chose to stay past their deadline, giving you sleepless nights and difficult mornings to afternoons overtook by the overwhelming amount of chores and errands.

Mirabel was quick to adjust her green glasses and get back on your feet before looking at you pitifully while you subtly swayed to the right, barely able to compose yourself. Could she see you almost fainting due to fatigue? You hoped not.

But Mirabel could see the drastic effects those insomnia-induced evenings brought unto you. She couldn't really blame you for having a mind that filled itself with intrusive thought, could she?

You wished that the dark and heavy eyebags underneath your eyes were invisible, your pale lips just magically regaining their usual rosy pink tint, face attaining color to hide your pallid features.

"(Y/N), we need to talk." She said, stating those words with a strict sense of urgency. You could most probably expect what she was going to tell you, apologize to her Abuela, apologize to her family, apologize for being intrusive and accept the fact that you were an exact replica of your darned father.

You sighed exasperatedly, not really in the mood nor having the right mental state to discuss the previous mishaps that occured in La Casa Madrigal. You knew as clear as day it would only lead to a heated argument. You preferred not to speak of it before you were able to complete and gather your thoughts. "I'm sorry, Mirabel. I really am, I just can't bring myself to apologize to your Abuela."

Before she could tell you her demands, you took the initative to speak.

"Oh that?" Mirabel eyed you up and down,  "I don't really want to force you into apologizing to her."

You blinked twice, face blank as you tried to comprehend the situation.

"Aren't you .. mad? I mean, I brought up your Abuelo and all that shit."

"That, I'm furious," Mirabel nodded as her brows furrowed and her expression shifted into that of which you expected. "But I know it was just in the heat of the moment. Plus, you were defending yourself. I can't really blame you."

For this first time in a while, someone took your side regarding the matter. You haven't really told the story to Adriana, who you stole an arepa for just to heal her wounds, aware of the fact that she would intrude into the Madrigal's home and start attacking them with vulgar words. She's a beast you'd rather keep tame.

So, for a duration of three to four days, you kept the pressure and stress all to yourself.

It was quite the trouble whenever you would bump into Isabella, the girl always gave you sharp glares to accompany her continuous demands of apologizing to her Abuela.

Your emotions and weariness got to the better of you as you leaped leathargically into Mirabel's arms and embraced her while repeatedly thanking her for her kind and understanding nature. It felt nice, you know? To just have someone say that they understood.