Piratess 3

On the weekend in the garden with the Godfather

Editorial note: The following paragraph is information, Laila did not know at the time, but found out at a much later point in time and is provided for the reader's better understanding of events to come.

"So, Kala, how is 'ethl tits doing?"

"'ethl tits again. Puhhh. I have to admit, it is getting to my nerves. I'm happy, when this fight is over. She has turned very aggressive. I'm not sure, if it is due to the hormone therapy or the bluegill or both. I guess, it is a good thing, when she is aggressive with the fight only being two weeks ahead, but if it continues like that, it will get out of hand. On Wednesday, I will stop the hormone therapy, so that all residue will have vanished from the blood by Sunday and I'm already looking forward to it."

"Must be pretty bad, the way you describe it?"

"Well, I guess everything can be worse, but she snaps pretty quickly and that after only two weeks. Her character has changed. I fear, the Trill have terminated their Bluegill project because they could not get it under control."

"What does the documentation say about it?"

"During the tests the Trill have conducted, the Bluegill have not entered a symbiosis with their hosts, they have basically hijacked their hosts, taken full possession of their host's bodies. They have locked their hosts up in their brains and further communication with them was only possible by telepathy. The Bluegill have that innate desire to rule and aggression is one ingredient in getting there. In the last stages of the Trill's experiments, they came up with the surgery I have performed on the Bluegill parasite. However, they have not tried it out anymore, because of lack of volunteering hosts. So in a sense, I'm continuing their experiments. I'm breaking new ground."

In the factory

Wednesday was the last day of the hormone therapy via IB. I was actually quite keen that it was finished. It was enough, having that Klingon side of my mind. I did not wanted my body to grow into a Klingon on top. The muscles I had grown during the last 7 weeks would be useful for the upcoming fight, but were way too much for my taste. I had a chest and arms, which many Vulcan men would desire for themselves. When I looked into the mirror, I saw a small gorilla without fur.

On Friday that week, we went to the bio lab to check on the champignons. What had grown in that aquarium, was quite weird. It was a cream white structure with a couple of bars interconnected with thin strands. Champignon mushrooms were growing on top of the structure. The two chemists and Kala made quite a bewildered face. I grabbed the whole structure at the center and lifted it. It came out in one piece and it was surprisingly light for its size and at the same time rigid. Mirih instructed me to drain the aquarium from the nutrient fluid and refill it with hydrochloric acid. When I reinserted the white structure it started to seethe in that aquarium tank and step by step the structure turned black. All the nice and appetizing champignons were etched away. With rubber cloves I removed the now black structure from the tank again and hosed it down with water. Then I dragged it into a workshop, where I freed the bars from all the random strands on the outside with plyers, a cutter and a saw. Finally I smoothed the little pikes on the bars with a file and sandpaper. The outcome were 6 single bars. The problem was, that they were all bent, not straight. As such, only the one with the least curve was OK as a long stick. The rest might work for training, I had to see. The outstanding part about it was, that the sticks were rigid like solid steel bars and as light as hollow pipes. They had a solid outer layer, but the inside was filled with intricate strands giving it the rigidness of a solid bar combined with the weight of a hollow pipe. The two chemists were testing the more curvy bars, weighing and stressing them and could only muster one word: "Amazing." The sticks were about 2m long, only 550g and sturdy as steel. The slightly bent, long stick I had picked wielded really well. It was very hard and rigid and fully balanced. I tried to break one of the more bent ones, but it was impossible. Even putting it on a table and kicking it with my foot did not break it. The sticks were very light and could be moved very fast. The slight bent, of the one I picked, was something I still had to get accustomed too. At that point, I was not sure, if it would not become a problem.

On Monday, Achot came to train me again. He was surprised to see the carbon fiber long sticks and was amazed about them as well. The training revealed, that the bend in them was a problem. Sometimes they pointed to the right, then to the left and in all other directions as well. Thus sometimes one hit properly, in other times not and often enough, one missed completely. As much as the weight and rigidness was great, the bend was a disaster. The one stick with the mild curve was in my container. Mirih had been against using it in the training. At the end of the training, Achot asked me: "Can I have one of the long sticks, please?"

The 5 bent long sticks were excess anyways and I quickly said: "Off course." That very moment I realized it and Mirih informed me as well. Achot had just lied. I could not say what the lie was and why but it was clear, he had just lied. It was useless though to investigate, he would just deny it and be mad. Then he said: "Thank you. I will not come for the rest of the week anymore, because you need to rest." There he lied again, I did see it. "Your muscles need to be at their full strength on Sunday, just do mild running and a little bit of stretching. No training at all on Friday, Saturday and off course Sunday." That one was the truth. I had no idea, where the first lie was, but his body language had given him away. Maybe just something unimportant, something I should not at all make a scene about. "Obviously, I will be there on Sunday again", he finished.

Mirih had a couple of ideas and so I asked Kala to run errands with me in the afternoon.