Fighting No.1

Sunday, 12th of June 1955 in the Grand Arena

The next day, Sunday, was the day of the fight and luckily, my mother felt better. At least she felt well enough to watch. Said, she could not miss it and if it was the last she'd do. When we arrived in the change room, the first I did was to check the way towards the arena. It was utterly simple: from a door in the underground change room, I entered an isle, which led to a circular tunnel which connected to other change rooms and 6 elevators. The 6 elevators were evenly set under the arena floor and each elevator moved up into the arena. Spectators were already taking their seats and were a bit surprised to already see me coming out of the ground. A bit ashamed, I quickly made my way back down. The elevator was nothing more than a platform running in a shaft. The shaft had a lid, which moved a bit up and then sideways when the elevator was about to emerge into the arena. Additionally, there was a fog blower, which covered the outlet in fog when the lid moved out of the way. The gladiator thus magically appeared in the arena. As such the shaft in which the elevator platform moved, was accessible as soon, as one entered the platform. Using duct tape, I attached my long stick to cables running alongside the shaft. With that done, I changed into my gladiator dress (if you could even call it that) and warmed up. My mom was more nervous than I was and she constantly had to say something. It was all completely useless and unimportant stuff, but it got me distracted from mentally focusing on the fight. I begged my mom to remain quiet, because I needed to focus on the fight now. Achot was ruder in the matter, but she still could not keep it to herself. Mirih got so angry about it, that she started to raise my adrenalin and monoaminooxidase level way too early. My aggression raised and I slapped my mom. It did the trick, she remained silent now, but I felt so guilty, I wanted the ground to open and swallow me. How could I slap my mom? How could I slap the one person in this world, who loved me the most, who would give her live for me any time? It became very clear to me that my relationship with Mirih had to change or end. At some point, Achot came into my change room and discussed the strategy again with me. It was nothing new, as always. Then he handed me a soft drink and said: "Here, drink that. It's an energy booster. Sugar which goes into your blood immediately."

I was not thirsty at that moment and I said: "I'll keep it for later. Right now I have enough energy."

"Well, I have another one", and he pulled another one from his bag.

I did see it and Mirih saw it too, something was odd with Achot. I did not want to drink the energy booster right now and put it into my bag, then I took the second one from Achot's hand, opened it and took a sip. "Eh, there's a lot of sugar in it."

"Well, as I said, it's an energy booster, just pour it down."

I was used to water and I never liked those sugar drinks. I put the lid back on and put it into my bag as well. Achot still wanted to say something but that very moment, the beeper and the green light came on, signaling me to make my way into the arena. So I put my helmet on, grabbed the other long stick I had brought and walked towards the next elevator. Surprisingly, nobody attacked me and when I was in the elevator I swapped the two long sticks against each other. My appearance in the arena, triggered both applause and laughter. The audience was kind of 50/50 towards me. The Grand Arena was bursting full. Apparently, as Tsuw had said, the whole entire Klingon Empire wanted to see, how 'ethl tits' Sa'Hut got spanked. Without the often practiced jumping, yelling and crying I circled the arena and took position in the center field. Soon after, Kretorg evaporated from the arena ground with blue smoke and thrilling music. A few seconds later, Kretorg launched the worst possible verbal attack towards me, when he did his round. Obviously, the audience liked it. I wondered, if he had used up 20 or 30% of his energy, by the time he took position in the center field?

On the VIP tribune

Editorial note: The following paragraph is information, Laila did not know at the time, but was gathered much later in a trial and is provided for the reader's better understanding of events to come.