Enslaved 2

Sunrise on Hitora:

"Exoplanet Sunset" von Dallas1200am ist lizenziert unter CC BY-NC-ND 2.0. Zum Aufrufen von eine Kopie dieser Lizenz, besuche https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd-nc/2.0/jp/?ref=openverse&atype=rich

After landing, the boy gestured me to leave the glider and walk towards a big industrial production hall. It was made from a supporting steel structure and covered by a thick and sturdy fabric with plastic windows, in essence a pretty big tent. The windows and doors were all open to let air flow through the hall. Inside, it was humid like in a green house and I saw rows of cages filled with various species, both intelligent and savage. The boy stopped in front of a cage with another Vulcan in it, opened the door and wildly gestured me to move inside. I was hesitant, but what other choice did I have? I could take to my heels, but this settlement was in a desert and Vulcans were not capable of digesting sand. Was that Vulcan logic again? Slowly I entered the cage with a very bad feeling in my stomach. The boy quickly closed and locked the door and disappeared. Shite, now I was looked up like a prisoner. Why did I not fight the boy? Instead of adhering to Vulcan logic, I should have vented all my anger, whether the boy was responsible or not.

There were two steel beds, a water hose and a bucket in this cage. Please, don't tell me this bucket is what I think it is for? The other caged Vulcan sat on his bed scrutinizing me. In return I looked at my Vulcan cell mate with questioning eyes, which got him started: "Let me introduce myself. I'm Surak." Alongside his introduction, he twisted his fingers for the Vulcan greeting and finished: "Peace and long life." The man obviously had manners.

I twisted my fingers as well: "Live long and prosper. Call me TliSu, please." Given our situation, this greeting was completely inappropriate, it felt like a blasphemy. This was really no place to live long and prosper. It was the Vulcan way though.

"TliSu? Never heard that name before?"

"Well, it is my nick name."

"Does it have a meaning?"

"Tlingansu tselsu (Klingon Mutant)", I answered with a low voice, trying to make him misunderstand it.

Unfortunately, his ears still worked well. Surak raised his left eyebrow, Vulcan like, and slowly repeated: "Tlingansu tselsu (Klingon Mutant)."

Seeing the big question marks on his face I cut him short, not wanting to further dive into abysses of my past: "It's a longer story."

Before my Vulcan cellmate could further poke into me about the origin of my nickname, I had to change the topic.

"Is that bucket...?" I drew a small circle with my finger to gesture, that I did not wanted to word my thought.

"Small and big", he acknowledged my fears.

"And everybody can see you?" With my fettered hands I drew a big circle in the air, enclosing all the other cages.

Surak just nodded and I just lost all my facial features. With every single natural call, small and big, I had to show off my young butt for everybody's pleasure. Please not!!!

Before I could cuss, the Klingon boy appeared again with a bag, which he handed to the other Vulcan through the cage bars. With the medical equipment in that very bag, Surak untied me and professionally cared for every wound and bruise I had contracted. The disinfectant burned like crazy and made me swear silently. Vulcan logic had commanded me to stay calm though, getting my wounds disinfected was advantageous for me. Should I wish Vulcan logic to hell now or adhere to it? Somehow, Vulcan logic made no sense to me and then again, it made a lot of sense. Was it complicated or was I just turning mad?