Fighting No.1 2

On the Center Field

In round 11 I attacked and tried to keep my right foot out of the way as much as possible. Mirih informed me, that there was something wrong with me. I lost concentration, possibly due to an unknown substance in my blood. It was increasing in concentration. Well, it was bad news, but nothing I could do about it at the moment. Mirih tried to counter it with adrenalin and she made my kidneys work full power. Kretorg was fully aware of my current predicament and he was fully aware that he was running out of time, too. He was behind with points and he had made the promise to the audience to spank me with my own long stick. When he just stroke my right leg again, he would likely have me. As such, he put so much emphasis into this particular goal that I managed to land a couple of strikes at him, even though my right leg was slowing me down. As attacking was on me in round 11 I managed to keep him at bay. However, I could feel it, something made me weary. The break between round 11 and 12 was most welcome. I used a medical cooler bag in the little bag I had brought, broke the metal inside and put it on my right leg. Mirih advised to poor all the liquids I had left, into me, to flush my system. In addition, a sugar flash could help to counter the weariness, so I emptied the remaining water and the energy boosters as well.

On the VIP tribune

Editorial note: The following paragraph is information, Laila did not know at the time, but was gathered much later in a trial and is provided for the reader's better understanding of events to come.

"'ethl tits seems to be injured."

"She does have trouble with her right leg. That is so. I hope Kretorg will finally use this advantage and disarm her. Him winning by points has become very unlikely."

On the Center Field

In the last round, attacks were on my opponent and he put everything he had left into them. Fortunately, he had given a lot in the last couple of rounds and so his speed, power and focus had suffered. Damn it, my weariness, further increased and I got slower as well. With his fourth attack he managed to hit my right leg again pretty hard. I was done, I had to jump on my left leg to move. Out of the corner of my eye I peered at the display, still 43 seconds to go.

On the VIP tribune

Editorial note: The following paragraph is information, Laila did not know at the time, but was gathered later in a trial and is provided for the reader's better understanding of events.

"I will go into the Operations Room myself. This might become a very close shave."

On the Center Field

Not sure, if I could sustain this little bit of time left and the attacks Kretorg could still launch? He had to disarm, me, when he still wanted to win this fight. That was his only chance. I was leading with too many points already. He had to put everything into it now. Surprisingly, his next attack did not come with the speed I had expected and not with the force either. I guided his long stick sideways, which worked well, but then I realized, that he had let go of his own long stick with one hand and had grabbed mine. Shite, if I had all my wits together, I might have prevented it, but with my weariness growing stronger by the second, I had failed.

In the Operations Room

Editorial note: The following paragraph is information, Laila did not know at the time, but was gathered later in a trial and is provided for the reader's better understanding of events.

"I want you to add one more minute."

"That is impossible Sir. There are only 27 seconds left. I cannot make a minute out of 27 seconds without it being obvious."