Childhood 2

Picture =  Teenage Laila training Suhn Mahna

In 1950, a Klingon capital war ship was forced into an emergency landing on Katalek. Obviously, that revealed our outpost to them. The settlement had existed for a bit more than 25 years and up until then remained undetected. We all thought, we were perfectly save, being too far away from Klingon trade routes and too small to trigger their primitive long range sensors. All along, we regarded Klingon space travel as primitive anyways. Primitive spacecraft would not come out that far. And we would have indeed been save, if not for bad Klingon craftsmen ship. Why could they just not have built a better vessel or at least maintain it properly?

A Vulcan settlement within Klingon territory was regarded as an abomination. An abomination, which had to be eradicated. Klingons valued purity, they despised mixing and a Vulcan settlement was clearly polluting their purity. Apart from that, new slaves were always welcome. 12 first generation Birds of Prey flew out of the capital ship and relentlessly fired at the shield covering the settlement. Due to our obliviousness, we had no other protection than the shield. No air defense cannons or tanks, nor military aircraft. We had one transport spacecraft, which was inadequately armed and was soon shot down. The only means our soldiers had against the Bird of Prey were a few heavy disruptor rifles. However, they mostly missed and could only bring down two of twelve birds of prey. It was just a matter of time, until the shield generator collapsed. It was a dire mistake not to have small and fast Vulcan fighter craft or anti air missiles. After the shield had collapsed, around 400 Klingon warriors, stood against 50 Vulcan soldiers. While the Vulcan commander targeted a peaceful agreement without bloodshed, the Klingons were determined to fight and achieve victory thus honor. The Vulcan soldiers, including my father, had better assault weapons, but not the desire to kill and eventually were slain. It would have truly served all of us when they would have put Vulcan logic aside and fight for better or worse. Maybe, they would have eliminated all Klingons or at least chase them away.

According to my dad's orders, my mom and I had barricaded us into our house, which looked at in the aftermath, was a stupid decision. In the time of peril, my dad and my mom had eschewed logic. What we should have done is taken our feet into our hands and run. Run as fast as possible. The endless forests of Katalek would have hidden us well. A kilometer from our house was a pond, where I used to set the snakes free. Ergo, that pond had a higher than usual concentration of snakes. Hiding under the woods there, appears like a good idea to me today. Likely, the Klingons would not have been eager to deal with the snakes and continued searching somewhere else, if they would have gone that far anyways. Though, one is always smarter afterwards. Logic stalled by anxiety, we had locked ourselves up in our house and the inevitable came to us. Eventually Klingons broke through our main door. It was the first time, that I saw an alive Klingon. They were intimidating. Their dark, almost black skin, their size and their armor and the way they talked, made them look like prehistoric monsters on two feet. I should have been scared, but I was rather angry. I was angry about them Klingons attacking us that way and my anger dominated my entire being. I wanted revenge. When the two Klingons broke through our door, I immediately threw myself at the first warrior. With the advantage of my surprise attack and Suun Mahna technique I had that warrior on the ground and unconscious within a few seconds. The one behind him though, flung the shoulder support of his rifle at my head and knocked me out cold. A little later, when I awoke again with a brutal headache, I found myself fettered on the ground. The merciless warriors forced my mother to drag me to the central place of our settlement, where we joined the remaining villagers, all being driven together. We were surrounded by Klingon warriors, many Klingon warriors.

That day, my childhood had ended and I was forced to be an adult, taking care of myself, whether I liked it or not.

We had to hold out there, in the center of our village, without food and water for three days. Luckily, it rained one night and we all opened our mouths to intake as much of the rain water as possible. My friend Lyra was not there and it bothered me. I was bound and could not move around, but if she was captured, I should have seen her or at least heard from her, but nobody had seen her and her family. My Klingon Mutant side did not want to accept, it had the feeling they were still alive. My logical Vulcan side believed they had gotten killed. The longer I pondered about it, the more my logical Vulcan side, reassured by other villagers, got on the upside until I finally accepted, that they had been killed.