Doping Test

A Day after the Press Conference in Kretorg's Manager's Office

Editorial note: The following information came from a testimony in court.

Kretorg: "This fight was the most stupid idea ever. I felt it in my guts, that I should not do this. First fighting against someone far below my league and then using a stupid stuff. Now, see where it has gotten me. I'm still lacking two fights for this year and on top, everybody is saying, how well 'ethl tits has fought. If that stupid system had not been tempered with, she would have won. People suspect me being involved in this tempering, because I'm the only one who benefits from it."

Kretorg's manager answered: "Kretorg, I'm sorry, it is bad. If I had known, how well 'ethl tits can fight, I would have not suggested a fight with the long stick. However, nobody knew, how good she really is. She and her owner have tricked the whole entire Klingon Empire. They have deceived us all. In a way, I admire this Odron and how professionally he pulled this plot off."

Kretorg: "I have met Achot before the fight and he said, I should not underestimate her, but with no word did he mention, that she is a top fighter. I will have a word with this Achot, when I meet him again."

"Well Kretorg, it is no use to cry over spilled milk, we have to think on how we will go forward. Do you think you can beat her with the Batleth?"

"I'm the best with the Batleth. No one can beat me."

"'ethl tits has proven to be a worthy opponent, worthy of you challenging her with the Batleth."

Kretorg: "I hope, no death or glory fight? I don't like them. Once death is looming above my opponents and the barque of the dead is waiting to ship them to Gre'thor, they fight like maniacs."

"No Kretorg, these death or glory fights are very costly. They don't bring in enough money, to justify the excessive cost. Even though, I don't expect you to get the bad end of such a deal, you could get injured. Injured even to the point that your career is over. As you very well know, precautions have to be taken to prevent such misfortunes, but covering them up is quite expensive."

"Fine, then we are in agreement on that one. Good, propose another fight with her, a normal fight. This time I will come with the Batleth. It's kind a like a return match, she cannot refuse."

In the Afternoon of the same Day in Odron's Gladiator School

My mom and I were working in my garden, when an aircraft landed in the courtyard of the farm. I suspected a bunch of visitors coming and got up to greet them. Surprisingly, it was just one seasoned Klingon guy.

He greeted me: "Hello, you must be 'ethl tits?"

The way this Klingon greeted me, I suspected he had just come for me alone and I hoped that he was not a new owner of mine. Maybe Odron had sold me because he was low on money? "Welcome here in our school. You are correct Sir, I'm 'ethl tits", I responded to his greeting with stones rumbling in my stomach.

Handing me some type of ID, he continued: "I'm a WADA inspector. World Anti Doping Agency. I'm here, to collect a urine sample from you."

"Häh!" I blurted out in disbelieve. "Why?"

"I'm conducting a doping test on you and Kretorg", he explained.

It all sounded fishy to me: "I thought, a doping test is taken before or right after a fight?"

"It also can be taken a few days after a fight. May I assume, that you have never been taken a doping test before?"

I have heard about doping tests regularly being taken in endurance sports like running, swimming and the likes, but I have not heard about doping tests on gladiators: "Yes, I have never been taken one." Mirih assured me, that there should not be any problems with a doping test. The growth hormones, which Kala had injected into my body were all excreted and Mirih had brought her hormone cocktail back to normal levels, only the level of erythrocytes might still be elevated, but should be within limits. That put me a bit at ease.