Writting History

Meanwhile in the Observatory Room of the three Judges

Editorial note: the following is information, which I learned at a later point in time, listening to the recordings in the observatory.

Judge 3: "Did she just had his weapon in possession?"

Judge 2: "You better did not see this. The President will be more than mad with you."

Judge 1: "She had his weapon, we have to stop the fight."

Judge 2: "Why should we put ourselves into this tricky position? Let's just pretend we did not see it. After all, they were piling up, the Batleth was not visible very well."

Judge 1: "Well, don't be stupid. We have seen it and thus others have seen it as well. Actually, the whole entire Klingon Empire has seen it. We have to stop the fight right now, or we are in for it. If we don't, we won't be judges in any other match again. We will merely be ordinary spectators."

Judge 2: "If we do stop the fight, the president will make sure of that, yes!"

Judge 3: "Damned if you do, damned if you don't. However, if we don't, law enforcement will be at our necks as well. Actually, the whole entire Klingon Empire might be."

That very second, judge 1 hit the stop button.

In the Arena Sand

Kretorg's Batleth was coming down on me with relentless power behind it. He had held it at the far end swinging it like a sword. That split second, the buzzer made a distinctive noise, indicating that the fight was stopped. Another split second later, the Batleth hit my sword and it cracked right through. The tip of the yore drilled deep into my lung, below my left shoulder and robbed me of my consciousness for a moment.

Kretorg's POV

Editorial note: Kretorg provided his PoV in his memoirs and Laila added them here.

I had lost my weapon. The one thing, which must never happen to a gladiator, at least not to one of the top ten, had happened to me. I had lost my weapon, thus I had lost the fight. I knew it, still the buzzer had not sounded and maybe, I still had a chance. I might still have a chance to win this, --- if I acted quickly. Grabbing the Batleth at the far end with both hands, should provide for the power necessary for a fatal strike. 'ethl tits was down on the ground, already severely injured. She tried to get up, but her injuries prevented it. Tendons and muscles on the outer side of her foot were all cut. Then, while my Batleth was in motion already, the buzzer came. That sound paralyzed me. Even though, I was a pro and I had trained for such situations and that I had to do something to prevent further injuries to my opponent, I was like paralyzed. Maybe, because I wanted to act quickly and still win this, the buzzer sound paralyzed me for a moment. 'ethl tits had brought her sword up with both hands, that should stop my Batleth nevertheless. So I thought in that short moment of time, but then her sword broke and my yore tip crushed into her, below the left shoulder. Now I recognized, the red flashing lights around the rim of the Arena, indicating the same as the buzzer already did: "The fight is stopped!". Even with the heavy and sharp Batleth in her lift side, 'ethl tits was not dead, the tip had not hit the heart, but if I'd turn my Batleth upward, in order to get it out of her chest again, the tip would for sure cut her heart in two. Then I decided differently and I left the Batleth tip in her. If I'd pull it out and she'd die, I'd lose all my honor. The fight was over anyways already, I had lost. Killing her now, would not gain me anything. Well, it would gain me revenge and maybe satisfaction, but in turn, I would lose all my honor and I'd get banned from the arena for life. A gladiator killing his opponent, after the fight was over already, was a coward, one without honor, one only good enough for Gre'thor. So I left the yore tip in her shoulder and held the Batleth straight. The paramedics would come soon and extract the tip, at the same time putting bandage and coagulation enhancers on her wound. It was better than me removing it now, thus making the wound bleed more intensely.