Episode 1: The Dinner Party

A christmas song plays in the background and Kate is on the phone to her mother.

"I like your coat," Wanda nodded, "where did you get it?"

"Oh! I got it as a gift," Kate grinned, "I can figure out where it's from and get back to you!"

"That would be great, thanks," Wanda smiled with her famous nose scrunch.

"Hey, honey! I missed you. Uh, are you in the city?" Eleanor asked.

"Yeah, I, uh, I am. I was gonna stop by my place and then come see you."

"Will you come here first, please? Jack’s over. I want to talk to you about something."

"Who's Jack?" Clint asked, leaning back in his chair and eating popcorn.

"My mom's boyfriend," Kate grumbled.

"Ah right," Clint nodded.

"Okay, uh, okay. I’ll, uh, see you soon, Mom."  Kate answered, ending the call.

The screen showed Kate walking through snowy New York and reaching a large apartment.

"Good evening, Miss Bishop," the door man greeted as Kate entered.

"How’s it going? Good? Wife, kids, all good?" Kate smiled, politely.

"Wonderful, wonderful, Merry Christmas!" He answered.

Kate cleared her throat as she exited the elevator. She took off her hat and coat: dropping it on the floor.

"The table is right there, Kate! Why did you drop it on the floor!" Steve exclaimed.

Kate shrugged and smiled at his annoyance.

"Hi, sweetie," Eleanor called out to her daughter.

"Hi, Mom. Oh, you look amazing," Kate hugged her mother, "What are we looking all fancy for?"

"Charity auction." Eleanor replied.

"Ugh." Kate muttered, fixing her mom's dress.

"I know, right? All those poor people and nonprofits relying on the more fortunate."

Everyone stared annoyed at this.

"Your mom is kind of rude, Kate," Peter frowned.

"Yeah..." Kate agreed.

"That is not what I meant and you know it," Kate scolded.

"As much as I love having you home for the holidays, I’m not thrilled that I’m about to replace an irreplaceable clock tower."

"It was a bell tower," Kate corrected quietly.

"Heh," Nat smirked, "you're funny, I like you."

Kate's face went red and her head looked like it was about to explode. She smiled in reply as she couldn't seem to find her voice.

"The Dean said it had a bell and a clock, and overachiever that you are, you managed to destroy both," Eleanor shook her head angrily, walking towards the kitchen.

"It's still quite funny," Sam laughed.

"What can I do to make it better, Mom?" Kate followed her mother.

"I started by cancelling your credit cards, and we’re going to have a much longer talk about this tower that you destroyed, without joking."

"Damn that sucks," Tony commented.