Episode 4: The Widow

Suspenseful music played as the scene showed Kate and Clint on top of a building.

"I'm going to make a prediction right now," MJ announced, "someone is definately going to fall off that building."

"I sure hope not," Clint grumbled.

"You wanna tell me what we’re doing here?" Kate asked as Clint looked through binoculars.

"Nice binoculars," Steve complimented.

"Hey, thanks! I got them as a gift from Laura a couple years ago," Clint smiled.

The camera showed the apartment opposite from them as Clint replied, "Something very important to me is pinging inside that apartment. It was stolen from a black market auction. I need it back."

"No lights, no movement," Kate sighed as Clint continued, still looking through the binoculars, "This is our chance."

Everyone looked at the screen in anticipation.

"This would have been easier if we were on a higher rooftop," she muttered.

"That’s what you think."

"Yeah, exactly. That’s why I said it," she rolled her eyes.

Bucky and Sam chuckled.

"Kate, you always wanna prioritize a quick exit over a quick entrance so when things go sideways, and they usually do, you have an exit strategy," Clint continued looking through his binoculars as the camera focussed solely on him, "That’s why I chose this spot. It’s got good sightlines for all my exits. Entry should be easy. Think it should take me about three and a half minutes to get in. So, if you see anything out here, just give me a signal, Kate. All right?"

"I have a feeling she isn't listening to you," Bruce noted, "just a small feeling."

He put his binoculars down and looked to his side: Kate wasn't there. He turned around cluelessly, "Kate?"

"Yeah," Bruce nodded as Clint facepalmed.

Kate grimaced and glanced over at Clint's annoyed expression.

He quickly looked down at the road at the sound of cars honking.

Kate was walking across the road as cars stopped before they crashed into her.

"Kate-" Clint started before shaking his head; giving up, "you know what? Nevermind."

Natasha, T'Challa, Sam and Bucky chuckled at the scene.

"What’re you doin?" A men yelled as tires screeched.

"Kate? Kate?" Clint asked over the earpiece.

"There you are," she answered, reaching the other side of the road.

"At least you didn't get hit by a car," Wanda commented, "that's a positive."

"I told you you’re supposed to be lookout," he sighed.

"Yeah, but of the two of us, who do you trust up there not to get distracted?"

"Good point, future me," Kate chuckled.

Clint rolled his eyes.

"That’s not fair," Clint pouted slightly, "that your inability to act like a grown-up helps you get your way."

Kate shrugged with a proud smirk.

"No, it’s not," Kate scoffed, "But it is what it is."

Natasha chuckled as Clint crossed his arms and sighed.