➪ TWO

"Do you mind?" I stray my gaze away from the cute old lady I was helping, coming to view with a woman who was obviously in a hectic situation

"Do you mind?" I stray my gaze away from the cute old lady I was helping, coming to view with a woman who was obviously in a hectic situation. She is holding a baby in her hand, trying her best to keep up with a small toddler, also a book in her other hand.

"No problem" I look back at the old lady who gives me a gentle smile to assure me that I've helped her enough, coming over to the woman. "How can I help you?" I asked. I can tell by the look on her face that she is a bit agitated but that gives her no right to speak with such a tone, especially if she needs help.

She nods, gently putting her child into his stroller. "I was looking for a book. It should have been in the fiction section but it's not" she tells me and I nod. It would have been nice for her to tell me what exactly she's looking for, but like always, I'll have to ask.

"And what are you looking for?" I ask.

"The Great Gatsby".

"I could try and help you out" I make my way towards the fiction area, moving past the large bookshelves and using my fingers to trace along the books. In less than five seconds I am able to find the exact book in the space where it should have been all along. "Here you go" I turn to her and she has a forced smile on her face.

"Thank you" I roll my eyes once she turns on her flats, pulling her toddler along with her. Natalie is nowhere to be found so I take her place, going behind the counter where I scan the book she wanted, receiving pay and telling her to have a great day.

"Could you help stock these books? Truck just pulled in" It's like Paul to want help for simple things but I don't mind. Stocking books has actually been my favorite part of this job, aside from taking my half hour break. I nod to him and look around for a quick second, seeing no one else ready to check out. I adhere to what Paul wanted, seeing him walk away as I started to help. He could have just asked for me to do this simple thing for him rather than ask for help if he didn't want to do it anymore.

I am nearly five books into the sci fi section when the deep voice of a gentleman could be heard. "Excuse me, miss?" I turn around, my hair moving before me, my eyes being brought to the greenest eyes I've ever seen before. Of course these were eyes you'd never forget, which is why I instantly remembered where I had saw them from. A few days ago at Acadia. He introduced himself as owner when my mother had wine spilled all over her.

I still remember the way his card felt in my hand, not paper like most, felt like glass. Golden with black outlines, his name and a number that I did not call. Marnicco Rianchi.

I clear my throat as I stand up, feeling my cheeks redden as I looked up at him. His aura was rich in dominance, would make you forget who you were as a person, only becoming an extension of himself. "What could I help you with?" My voice is subconsciously softer than usual, in which I'm not sure why. I swallow and clear my throat again, voicelessly trying to get myself to act normal.