➪THIRTY

A small nudge on my shoulder wakes me up, me fully opening my eyes to see Nicco standing over me, his hand softly placed onto my shoulder

A small nudge on my shoulder wakes me up, me fully opening my eyes to see Nicco standing over me, his hand softly placed onto my shoulder. He smiles when I open my eyes and lifts his hand to touch my face. "Get up, baby. We need to have a bit of a talk" he presses his thumb against my chin as he leans down to kiss my forehead.

"You want to talk? What time is it?" I ask. My voice is a bit raspy as I pull my hand up to rub my eyes, hoping that my vision would unblur a bit faster. And it does. I am able to see a shirtless Nicco who only had on a pair of dark grey dress pants.

He hums. "It's 5:30am. How are you feeling?" He walks away from the bed and over to his stand where he has a white button down shirt placed there, a grey tie to match his pants.

I blink my eyes a few times, squinting at the light that comes from the bathroom. I'm sure Nicco purposely didn't turn on the lamp, but the light from the bathroom is bright as well. Not too bright though. "I'm feeling fine I guess." I wince a bit as I try to lift up and Nicco rushes over towards me.

"See this is what I want to talk about. You need to relax" he grabs my arms and helps me to sit up. I rest back on my arms as he stands back up straight, taking his shirt and putting it onto his arms.

I sigh as I look up at him. "I'm sure I'm fine Nicco. When was that crash? Like two days ago?" I ask as he begins to button up his shirt.

"It doesn't matter, baby. I want you as relaxed as you can be. How does your side feel? I saw you wincing there a bit. Is it better than yesterday?" He asks and I nod.

"Yes, for the most part." I say.

He nods. "I have a few meetings to attend. We have a trip coming soon and I'll need to put things in order. I have to get a bunch of paperwork together" he says. He pulls his tie around his neck and begins to fix it.

I hum. A trip sure sounds fun, but paperwork doesn't. "Where are you going?" I ask.

"We are going to Savannah Georgia. A new location opened last week and I need to make an appearance" he says, emphasizing the word we. Does he want me to go with him?

But that doesn't just skip right over the part where he mentions a new location. "How come you didn't tell me you opened a new store?" I ask and he sighs a soft one.

"Never slipped my mind, darling." He says, pulling his tie. Once it's done he flattens it and starts to fix the sleeves on his shirt. "What do you want to eat? Hellen will bring you food".

Who the hell is Hellen?

"Hellen?" I ask and he nods.

"Yes. Your friend. The one from the hospital" he says and I chuckle lightly.

"Her name is Elena...you talked to her?" I ask and he shakes his head.

Once his sleeve is fixed he starts to tuck his shirt into his pants. God he looks so sexy. "No, I spoke with your mother last night after you went to sleep. I explained what I had to do today and what I wanted for you. I know that with having Elena here you'll have someone to talk to and she'll take good care of you while I am gone. And don't get any ideas, I told her not to let you move a muscle".