4

I draw the bow and take a steady aim I've done this about five times already and I've yet to hit a single shot. I concentrate on the target in front of me and release the arrow sending it flying through the air. It hits the ground sending snow flying around it. Devon lets out a laugh from where he's leaning against the house behind me.

"That makes six." He says. I turn to glare at him for being utterly unhelpful. "I don't see you helping, you told me this was easy!" He shrugs and walks towards me, taking the bow from my hand he draws it back aiming at the target he releases the arrow. I watch a it flys hitting directly in the center of the target. Show off.

"Easy." He says smugly. I glare at him wanting to punch him right in his smug face. I knew this was gonna be a long day.

"Fine, if its so easy help me actually hit the target." He sighs and hands over the bow, he moves behind me and wraps his arms around my body to hold the bow with me. His body is warm against mine and his hands are over my own. He draws the bow back with me. "Take a deep breath and release it." I shiver his breath tickling my ear. I try to concentrate but his firm body was distracting the hell out of me. I let out a frustrated breath, trying to ignore him. "Concentrate on the center." He adds behind me.

I pull back the arrow his hand going with mine, before I let go I steady my shaking hands focusing on the center. I take a deep breath in and exhale letting the arrow fly. I watch as unlike the past six arrows, this one hits close to the center. Not perfect like Devons but I hit it. "Oh my god, I hit it!" I yell. Devon smiles dropping his hands. "Holy shit I actually hit the target." I stare in awe at the arrow, I've never done that before. I've never been allowed.

-----

I push myself against the wall listening to the hushed whispers of Devon and Phil. I was going to get myself a glass of water, but now I'm ease dropping on their conversation. "They have my stuff, I have to go get it back. If I don't what does that make me seem like? Weak Phil, Im not weak." I hear Phil sigh. "You don't need to play their games Devon." I frown confused as to they're talking about. "Im not gonna let their grubby hands all over my stuff."

"Devon, you really just don't need to involve yourself anymore. They're dragging you into their war and you don't need to participate." War? What war are they even talking about. "Im already involved in their stupid war, so mine as well finish it. It's settled Phil I'm going tomorrow, and I'm getting my stuff back." Phil sighs. "Alright, I'm not gonna stop you, just be safe." Devon laughs. "Oh I'm not the one you should worry about." He says. "What are you gonna do?" Phil asks him.

"Oh the usual, just some harmless violence you know?" Violence? Devons gonna hurt people? Why would he do that? None of it makes any sense to me war? With who? Where was this war? Nobody's mentioned war before. Yet no one really mentions anything to me.

"When are you leaving?" Phil asks. I move around the wall to get a better look. Devon shrugs leaning against the counter."Tomorrow morning." He says."You're gonna leave Rose by herself?" Great now I'm getting talked about like Im five years old. "No, Im not leaving her here alone, shed destroy the place. You'll be here right?"

"No Devon I'm going back tomorrow remember." Devon curses under his breath. Great I'm treated like I'm five, i can be alone. Clayton always left me alone. Im fine, I was fine, Ill be fine. Devon thinks for a moment before responding "I can take her with me I suppose." Phil shakes his head. "Devon, that could be dangerous for her." He shrugs. "I'm not leaving her here alone. Shell be fine, ill be with her" The two continue to talk of their plan. I don't even understand half of it. Eventually they both say their good nights and I slip away back into my room without being seen.