8

I haven't been able to sleep in so long the eyes bags I now had were proof of this. Tonight I stare at the empty fire it's, been out for awhile but I can't start it. I never realized how cold the house could get without a fire. The cold air flows all around me, I shiver looking around for a jacket or blanket I could crawl back into my room under the protection of my sheets but I can't bring myself to move. My eyes lock onto Devons black cape draped neatly over the other armchair. I reach for it and lay it over myself instantly engulfed in the warmth and smell of Devon.

I hadn't realized how warm the cape was, the insides lined with thick fur. It instantly warmed my shaking body. His smell was all over it, the Smokey woods and pine smell surrounding me. It brought me comfort for some reason. A comfort I haven't felt in a while. I didn't know what it was but laying there curled in the chair with him all around me, I was finally peaceful enough to sleep.

-------

When I wake up I realize one huge monumental thing, no nightmares, no Clayton, no smirking stupid face with grassy green eyes taunting me. "It's probably not healthy to be sleeping like that every night." My eyes shoot across the room to where Devon leans against the table mug in hand, watching me. "It's probably not healthy to watch me sleep every morning." Phil chokes on his tea, Devon just shrugs.

"Are you going to tell me why you're drooling all over my cape?" He raises an eyebrow in question. "I do not drool!" I growl throwing his cape at him. I stomp off to my room and hear the two laughing. Prick, prick, prick, prick! Why is he so difficult?! Ugh! I flop down on my bed, burying my face in the pillows.

When I walk back into the room I find Phil sitting in the chair looking at the fire. He had a cup of tea beside him and a book sitting on his lap. "Where'd Devon go?" I ask Phil turns to look at me."Said he had stuff to take care of in Darkburg." So Devon isn't hear to be bossy and annoying? Interesting.

----

Devon

I walk down the path, in search of the asshole who dare demand my presence. Who does he think he is? A god? He's got too much false power if you ask me. I find the man in question leaning against a pillar, inspecting his nails. "Wasn't sure you'd come." Clayton smiles. Oh, he knew id come. Like I said he's got too much power, and he likes to flaunt it around. I shrug, pretending I didn't want to strangle him right here and now. "What are you gonna tell Rose?" He asks me smiling. What was I gonna tell her? Nothing, absolutely nothing, I hated the way she panicked at the mention of this prick. He's an asshole for the way he treated her and id gladly end him for it, for her.

"What I do is none of her concern. It's none of yours either" He laughs, staring at me. "Are you going to tell me what you want or are we just going to keep talking about Rose?" Id wish he'd take her name out of his filthy mouth. "Right, right the point, I want to rid the world of Darkburg, take it off the, map blow it up whatever. I've heard you're a man of violence I think you could be of use to my plan."

"I'm listening." Is all I say he smiles, knowing he's hooked me in. "I know we have the same goal so you're going to help me. With your skills and mine combined, with the help of a few bombs, we can achieve greatness." Cue the damn rainbows and unicorns, this man thinks he own.

"Are you calling in your favor?" I ask him, I need the favor off my record. I can't have him having one up on me. I need the threat of the favor gone. "What!? No" he laughs. "You'd help me no matter what. You want this world ridden of Darkburg of all government. I'm not calling in the favor because you'd help me anyway. Hell, you'd probably do it yourself anyway without my help, so no, no favor."

"You know me so well...." I reply rolling my eyes. I hated that he was right.

Rose

I told Phil I was going for a walk, he didn't question it he only smiled and told me to have fun. Devon would've questioned it, he would've said I couldn't handle a walk. I now walk quietly through the forest, I don't know how long it's been or where I'm going all I know is it's peaceful almost relaxing. I've been in that damm house too long, I've barley explored anything outside of it. I haven't seen anything but the house for so long.

The sound of birds chirping happily throughout the tall spruce trees in nice their music ringing throughout the forest. I smile happily to be alone, with the quiet peaceful sounds of nature. My boots crunch under the snow, it was cold out but I wasn't stopping yet.

-----

It feels like I've been walking forever the sky is turning into a dark purple now. I should go home before it gets dark except I'm not sure where that is. My stomach aches in hunger, my feet hurt with every step, I'm freezing and my muscles ache. I'm surrounded with forest nothing to show me the way I came my footprints in the snow were dusted over by the wind. Where am I? How far did I go? I start to panic I shouldn't have gone this far.

After hours of trying to retrace my steps it's too dark to see anything, I'm too tired to keep going anyway. I'm lost, Devons probably laughing as I speak I can already see it. "She's lost ahaha what a loser." He's probably over joyed he's never showed any sign he actually enjoyed me in his house. I slump down into the snow and lean against a tree. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't muster up any tears. so I stare at the sky completely helpless.