21

I still haven't forgave Devon for what he did but maybe one day. We both agree on one thing though Clayton must die.

"We need to know where to find him." Devon says. "I've only seen him in Darkburg and he's always just known to be there or came to us." Devon nods, taking in my words. "Let's go to Darkburg then. show him your alive let him make the first move."

"That's good." Ryan says, Phil nods in agreement.

----

We gather all the things we'll need and set off to Darkburg. "You think he'll show up?" We all stand looking out over Darkburg.

Devon shrugs "knowing your alive, yes." After awhile sure enough Clayton stands in front of the four of us. "What's this?" He asks. "Your alive!?"

"Hello Clayton." I smile at him. He looks at the four of us "you here to try and kill me darling?" He laughs leaning against one leg looking at us. "No Clayton, I will kill you." He chuckles. "We'll see."

Clayton lunges for me but I move out of the way I swing for him while he's still off balanced but he recovers quickly. "You're too weak Rose."

"Maybe but I'm strong enough to take you down." He laughs. "That's where you're wrong, tell you what. Ill help you out. Ill tell you where I'm going to hit you."

"Arm." He says swinging at my arm I move to stop him but he hits his Mark I gasp in pain. I look down at my arm and then at Clayton. "That wasn't smart." I tell him.

I move faster to him swinging for his calf he almost blocked me from hitting but he was too late his eyes widen in surprise. Devon, Phil and Ryan are all watching the scene play out I told them all not to intervene I was gonna be the one to take him down. I kick him in the stomach and then I'm able to get his sword away from him he looks at me and laughs.

He takes out his axe, suddenly each step he takes is more precise each swing is faster he was messing with me. "Leg." He calls out and sure enough that's exactly where he hits me. "Arm." He yells again. "Side." I yell out in pain falling to the ground. "You're an ass." I spit out he just smiles.

"Oops." He says laughing. I push myself off the ground and stand in front of him. "What do you want Clayton?"

"For you to die." He growls. "I won't be the one dying today." He smiles, shaking his head. I watched as Devon stands behind Clayton unnoticed, he plunged his sword into Clayton's body I flinch as his lifeless body lay on the ground. I was going to be sick, no matter what Clayton did to me his death was going to haunt me.

I turn away shaking, I just killed a man.

-----

"Princess?" I look at Devon we're back at his house I'm not exactly sure how I got back here but we are. "What happened?" I ask looking at him. "You passed out, are you okay?" I nod and take the glass of water from his outstretched hand. "Is he really...." Dead? "Yes, he can't hurt you anymore." Devon looks at me "princess? What's wrong?"

"I just killed a man..."

Devon pulls me into his body. "no love it's okay. I killed him not you." No, it was me. I killed him. I started it, I left him, i made him angry. I killed him. "He's gone..." I whisper.

"Your free." He tells me rocking my body into his. Am I really free? Will i ever be truly free. This isn't what freedom should feel like, trapped in my own mind.