19

Devon

I watched her jump I did nothing, Clayton just laughed that bastard laughed. I wanted to punch something someone. I made my way down the mountain and pushed through the door Ryan and Phil looked at me sadness plagued their eyes.

Ryan stood and pushed past me outside. Phil stood and took me in his arms. "I watched her jump Phil." He looks at me. "I should've done something."

"You didn't have a choice Devon ." I look at Phil. "He would've done so much worse to us all."He was right, but he still took her away from me. He lets go of me and I walk outside I don't know where I'm going neither do I care. I wonder though the forest. Away from everything away from it all I just want to go somewhere anywhere.

She's gone, and it's my fault. I brought her straight to her death and didn't do a thing about it.

Rose

Air surrounds me as I fall I dropped the sword I should've held onto it tighter but I didn't, I couldn't. My hearts beating so fast I plunge into the icy water I gasp as I come up to the surface. I'm alive. I push my limbs to swim out of the icy cold water. I gasp for air when I hit the bank, I'm so cold. I don't know what to do I can't go back to Devons I won't go back.

I need to find warmth or else I'll freeze to death. I force myself up off the ground, where do I go now? I found a cave I don't actually know how to start a fire I huddle up in the corner I'm too cold. I can't feel my limbs anymore I don't know if I have much of a choice but I need to find a place and I need to fast.

-----

The next morning I look around me I desperately need food and water and shelter. Do they think I'm dead? They have to right? No one is would survive a fall off a cliff. I only know one place near by but I can't go there I don't want to go there. I don't want to die though. I find myself stumbling through the forest my body is shutting down from the cold. I can't keep walking I'll collapse any moment now. I see the familiar house but my vision is blurred I force myself to walk up to the house. My mind is screaming for me to turn and walk away I don't want to see him again.

I don't want to be near him he left me he broke me into a million pieces. I don't know what else to do though I don't have much of a choice. I open the door warmth floods me I finally allow my body to shut down and I collapse onto the floor.

-----

"Rose?!" Ryan looks at me I woke up at the chair by the fire Ryan and Phil are looking at me. "I'm not a ghost, idiots." I say. They both laugh. "We thought you were dead." Ryan says. "Yeah yeah the whole jumping off a cliff into freezing water idea went really well for me." They gave me food and water and my body is no longer numb.

Phil said Devons been gone since yesterday I asked him if he'd leave out the fact that I was here. He said he'd try but no promises. Ryan and Phil packed up a bag for me even though I said I didn't need that much they put a lot in it. They also gave me one of Devon's swords.

I thanked them and even though it pained me I couldn't stay in that house any longer than I had to. Phil said before I left I needed to know how to start a fire so he spent a little showing me. Surprisingly it wasn't at all that difficult. I hugged both men and started out into the woods I needed to disappear from it all and I couldn't stay no matter how much I wanted to.

I pull my hood up over my head and I start for the woods right as I hit the trees a figure comes out from them his white hair is deshelved and he looks as if he hadn't slept in so long. I used to look at him and be happy but I can't anymore I only see the face of a traitor. I make a run for the trees but he heard me, his face snaps up and looks at me. I will not be trapped again I run for the forest. Phil and Ryan will always be family to me, but not him. No matter how much I loved him, never him.