10

Neither one of us has said a word on the way back. I finally calmed myself down and when we got back to the house he gently set me down in one of the chairs. I curl up into a ball watching as he takes the chair across from mine. His face is in his hands and strands of his hair fall around his face.

"What were you thinking?" He asks pulling his face up to stare at me. "I just wanted to go outside." I say quietly. I don't bring myself to look at him I know what I'll see as soon as I look into his eyes I've seen it a thousand times, the anger and disappointment, the disgust for what I've done wrong. I hate it, I can't stand it. I cause it every time, every single time its my fault.

"Don't do that again, don't go out there without telling me." He says "do you understand those simple little rules Rose?" I freeze at his words. My eyes shoot to a sword laying against the wall. "You will give me your sword everyday Rose do not disobey me. Now rose do you understand the rules?"

"The rules....." I say quietly still staring at the sword. The panic sets in, the panic I've felt for years, the panic he caused me.

"Princess ?" Devon asks standing in front of me I'm not sure when he moved then I look down at my hands when did I move? I now stand in front of the sword my hands are shaking Devon reaches for my hands to steady them. They're warm and comforting. "I'm not him princess, I would never." I don't even know how he knows what those words triggered or if he even does, but he knew who they were, he's smart enough to know that much.

I look into his eyes most times they scare me but now their soft and calming I take my hands away from him and crush my body into his he jumps a little bit then his arms wrap around my waist. Tears fall down my face, staining his chest. He pulls away from me resting his hand on my cheek, he wipes away my tears. My heart is pounding in my chest. He smiles and lets his hand drop. His head coming down and connecting with my own.

"I've gotta go find Phil, stay here." I nod and he goes back outside shutting the door behind him. I feel alone without him here holding me. He took all his warmth with him when he left, he took some of me with him too. I don't understand this feeling, I don't know if I ever will but is different from how I felt with Clayton.

I finally rid myself of the snow soaked clothes and put fresh dry ones on. I decide to make tea so I start to search through all the cabinets for supplies finally I find what I need and sit comfortably in front of the fire with the tea. I stare off into the flames of the fire. Lulling me to sleep.

-----

I don't remember going to sleep in my bed but that's where I wake up. I step out into the hall but stop when I hear Devon and Phil's hushed whispers. "They're blaming Thomas? Would he actually do that." Phil asks. "Who knows what that child would do." Devon grumbles.

"He wouldn't do that Devon." Devon sighs. "People are mad at him but Tobin seems fine they'll both be safe."

"Who's Thomas?" I ask quietly. Both of them look to me.

"Good morning princess." Devon says, I smile. "An annoying child is who he is. He and Tobin run Darkburg."

"Oh, So what are you guys doing today?" Phil and Devon look between each other, as if discussing a secret I'm not allowed to know. "Me and Phil are going to Darkburg you, are staying here." Devon says carefully. "What why!?" Devon and Phil seem to already be packed, two bags and swords sit by the door. Why wasn't I allowed to go? I've been to Darkburg I don't wanna stay home alone.

"Just stay here rose." Devon says reaching for a bag he hands it to Phil and then picks up his own. "Please." He adds then they both leave. I sigh slumping down into the chair. They left me, just like that. Not even a explanation.

----

After awhile I get bored of sitting around, before I know it I'm standing in front of the entrence to Darkburg. I walk through it and met with the crisp air of the nation. I'm walking a familiar path through the lands when I hear it, the sound of explosions and screaming. I follow the sound till I'm at the end of the path overlooking the city. It's a mess the lands are all blown up there's fighting everywhere. I spot Devon in the mess his white hair pulled back flowing around him as he fights with five other people.

I see Philza also partaking in the fight but he's fighting one person unlike Devon. I watch him his steps are smooth almost like a dance his beautiful white hair swishes around the five he's fighting, they seem to be losing, badly. I see another bomb drop down I flinch as the loud explosion hits the ground sending chunks of ground flying. A normal person would be scared of such a scene but I stand watching it awe.

I look up to see who set off the explosion when I freeze, Clayton. I watch him move around setting off explosions he turns as if sensing someone's watching him. He's facing me but he's looking at Phil, slowly I watch as his eyes drag up to mine. I stand there in shock he smirks. His mouth seems to form the words "hello Rose."