⇢ 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘧...𝘠/𝘕 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥?

Time. Space. Reality. It's more than a linear path. It's a prism of endless possibility, where a single choice can branch out into infinite realities, creating alternate worlds from the ones you know. I am the Watcher. I am your guide through these vast new realities. Follow me and ponder the question, "What if?"

• • 1945 • •

THE CELL DOORS opened, startling the prisoner within awake. Two SSR soldiers held their rifles as they looked at Armin Zola.

He had been in their custody since his capture three months ago, a mission that seemingly cost the life of Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes. A couple of weeks afterward, he heard that Captain Steven Rogers and Red Skull had perished during their fight on the Valkyrie.

"Up. Now." One of the soldiers commanded.

In the scientist's mind, he had an inkling of what this was. Over the last couple of weeks, he heard that the U.S was planning on recruiting imprisoned Nazi scientists for their own gain now that the war was coming to a close.

Operation Paperclip.

He tried to hide the smirk on his face as he got up and walked toward the soldiers. He knew that he was going to be told about it and possibly recruited. It was that or life imprisonment, and he'd take the former if presented with it.

He walked out of the cell and through the hallways. Once out of the prison, he was outside and saw a few other soldiers waiting. Among them was Colonel Chester Philips.

"Colonel." Armin greeted in his Swiss accent.

"Zola." Philips replied with a straight expression.

"You have not killed me. Nor have I killed myself like many of the POWs in your custody."

"I've noticed that."

"You know I'm of value. I can help with your cause. I have a lot to offer."

Philips still had an expressionless look, with his hands behind his back as he continued talking.

"I suppose you do."

There was a silence between them. Zola started to wonder what this was all about as the tense nature between them was what he expected if he was going to offer him a chance at being pardoned.

"And I also suppose you've heard about what the government is planning." Phillips added.

Armin nodded. Chester finally let out a scoff.

"One smart and nosy bastard." He said, then motioned to the building behind Zola. "Go in there and we'll talk, I got some business to attend to first but I won't be long."

Zola turned around and saw the building. At the same time, one of the soldiers undid the handcuffs he had. The scientists rubbed his wrist and looked at the Colonel.

"I won't be long." Chester repeated.

" Chester repeated

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙁𝙍𝙀𝙀𝘿𝙊𝙈 𝙁𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙀𝙍 ¹ | 𝙉𝙖𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙖 𝙍𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙛𝙛 🎉