The Bond of Father and Son

Lucius's point of view:

Looking into my sons eyes was hurting every single fibre of my being. My brain was screaming at me to look away and remember my loyalties to the Dark Lord, but looking down at the shaking, pale hand of my son...I came to a realisation. I loved my son. I didn't want to lose him and maybe...just maybe, the Dark Lord was less important than my family. The dark mark on my arm was still burning my skin, almost urging me to torture my son further, to make him regret being born...but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I knew that my son was a changed man, I knew that I needed to help him.

"I'm sorry Draco."

The fear in Draco's eyes burned into mine as the word 'Crucio' left my lips. He let out a strangled yell as the pain of the curse ripped through is body. He looked at me and kept up the vicious eye contact throughout the curse. I eventually stop cursing my son and leave him to gain his breath back. He looked up at me, those icy eyes filled with betrayal and pain, those very same shaking hands now grabbed at his sides as if trying to hold everything together. I cursed my own son. I had actually cursed my own son, because I didn't want to get hurt myself. A tidal wave of guilt washed over my body causing me to immediately look away and at the door.

A slender figure walked down the stairs coming towards the cell I was in. "Well done, Lucius. I see you are not the traitor I thought you were to be." Raven said in a calm and collected manner. She looked down towards my feet and smiled at what she saw. My son. My agonised son. She let out a shrill of laughter, to which I slightly flinched; "Perhaps you will now learn Draco, when you mess with the bull, you get the horns." Her hand lifted and her index finger pointed towards me. She beckoned me to come towards her and so I did, very cautiously. She leaned closer to me and all I could smell was a strong floral scent, possibly cordelias or maybe roses. She began whispering something into my ear, "My father wants to speak with you in the back garden. Please use the back doors as Bellatrix is having her way with the others upstairs. Go now and make it snappy." I nodded and immediately turned around towards the back entrance. I spared once last passing glance to my son and went to go and see the Dark Lord.

"You requested to see me my Lord." I said in a slightly quiet tone. the wind was heavenly on my skin, the cool breeze ran through my hair and rustled the leaves on the ground. the sky was a dark shade of grey with clouds blocking any possible light sources. The golden apple tree stood tall and proud as the centre piece of the garden. The Dark Lord himself stood at the base of the tree and immediately turned to me as he heard my voice. "Yes Lucius I did. I wanted to talk to you about Raven. I saw that you tried to defy her when she first started to get used to her new powers. I will not have that Lucius. She is my daughter and you future Dark Lady, she will be treated as such! Do you understand?" His whole demeanour changed throughout his little speech. I was going to retaliate and explain why but I just decided to bow my head. "Yes my Lord I sincerely apologise." I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up to see that the Dark Lord was within close proximity. I stand very still and very quiet. He came up to me and whispered. "Oh you will be very sorry Lucius. I will see to that myself." With that he walked away leaving me to my racing thoughts.

I don't exactly know how long I have been out of the house but I didn't particularly care either. The open air made thinking more possible and I was finally able to hear my own thoughts. I sat on the bench at the end of my garden and inhaled deeply, I let the breath out and shook my head. "My Merlin...what have I done?"

A/n HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY

Guess who just got into universityyyyyyy! This bitch right here!!!

Also thank you so much to the people who actually still read my silly book lol

Bye Bye Buttercups!!