00, PERSPECTIVES

| PRIMADONNA, EPILOGUE |

@-maniacal-

The scent of blooming flowers wafted throughout the peaceful place. It originated from a group of tall sturdy trees, giving the two four year olds just the perfect amount of shade.

(Y/N)'s affiliative smile never faltered, because she honestly believed his words to be true. Katsuki was still grinning cheekily, but he faltered for a moment, a rosy color tinting his cheeks.

"Ah, but...I'll be the Number One hero, okay? And then you—" He pointed towards her, finger shuddering as the seconds passed by. "And you can be the Number Two hero. Sort of like me, but not exactly the same. That's fine, right?"

Her puffy little cheeks flushed just a little, blown away by what he'd just told her. Katsuki almost never recognized others, and the fact that he thought she could be anywhere near as strong as him, he believed in her.

It felt amazing.

"Really?" She mumbled breathlessly, gazing at him with nothing but admiration. "You really think I could be that good, Katsuki?"

"O-of course you can!" He puffed his chest out, unable to hide his fluster. "You just gotta do your best!"

"...Oh. I'll do my best, then!" Her smile made him feel warm inside.

Caught up in her excitement, she suddenly flung her small frame over Bakugou's own. He stiffened as her arms wrapped around him and pulled him into a hug, and she could hear the bit stammers of bashfulness he let out.

He was definitely having a hard time processing (Y/N)'s affection, but eventually his small arms fell loosely around her back as well.

"We'll be the best heroes," He mumbled against her shoulder. "The two of us. Together."

Then he remembered.

"O-Oi! Wait!" Katsuki quickly let go of the embrace, heart racing as if he were running a mile. "I've got a question...."

"Yes Katsuki..?"

"You...like flowers, right?"

"Yes..."

He smiled. "Okay, cool. Follow me, then!"

Katsuki continued to lead her forward through the brush of the forest. At some point, he'd let go of her wrist and timidly intertwined his fingers with hers.