12, RED

CHAPTER TWELVE,
RED

All the thoughts roaming in Uraraka's head flew out the window once she witnessed the sight before her. Those beautiful, bright brown eyes lit up—stunned by the presence of the lightning user.

(L/N) was the last person she had expected to come and see her.

The silence tore once pink tinted lips parted. "...I wanted to see you, is that alright?"

Once the brunette came to realization that her beady stare would only make (Y/N) unease and that she had been staring the whole time, she batted her lashes. "Of course! I just wasn't expecting..." Words trailed off. "You, to be honest. But please—have a seat!"

Soon enough, she did as told. All while taking notice of how fast Uraraka was blinking, and the forced grin indicating she was going to cry.  'Of course, after loosing she feels as if she failed her parents..'

Timidly the shorter of the two girl's scratched her nape. "..I appreciate the thought, you didn't have to come and check on me. "

"I know I didn't have to." (Y/N) leaned back on the seat, raising a brow. "I just wanted to."

At the realization of the chosen words the bubbly girl furrowed her brows, 'why though?' However, fate had other plans and her flip phone began to buzz, playing a tune meaning someone was calling.

They held eye contact for what felt like eternity till our protagonist felt uncomfortable and spoke up. "Aren't you going to pick that up, I'll leave you to it if you wan—"

"No! I'll just call back later!" The chocolate eyed girl threw a very fake chortle and dismissively waved. "Plus it's I like talking to you, so what's —"

(Y/N) squinted her eyes ever so slightly, not at all believing anything. She huffed. "You know, I won't judge you for crying."

Brown irises grew smaller the second those words drew out her throat, carring a startled look. Filled with tears in the outer corners of her eyes.  "I'm sorry." She breathed out, wiping her teary eyes with the back of her hand. "I don't mean to cry infront of you, I probably look weak right now."

"You don't." (Y/N) opposed. "It's okay to cry, if that's what you want. I'll stay next you and look out for you. Let it all out."

"I lost so badly." Embarrassed by what the teen before her would think. Her hands shield her the tears from (Y/N).

"Only practice makes perfect."

"I even tried to think like Deku and come up with a plan."

"...I heard."

The phone buzzed once again.

"You should answer, I have to head out soon." The (H/C) haired teen rose from her chair, "If you continue to work as hard as you have you'll succeed." (Y/N) leaned over the table to flick the brunette's forehead. "Don't let one mistake define who you are."

As she soothed the spot in which she was flicked the zero-gravity user watched (L/N) take her exit. Big, brown and dazed eyes flashed with awe at the words. 'Where did that come from? It's so unlike her but..."