14 WHEREABOUTS

CHAPTER FOURTEEN,
WHEREABOUTS
@-maniacal-

And all of a sudden she felt really tired. Like the world had drained her from everything she had.

The lightning user gazed her surrounds to analyze her whereabouts, "the festival already?"

She quickly distinguished a loud pro hero's voice through a intercom. Freeing her from whatever doubt she carried. "Don't worry! The Sports festival is not over yet! We still have our last battle between explosions and two elements!" A monitor displayed a picture of Bakugou and Todoroki.

''It's over...' in a moment of pure desperation she held her face in her hands. '...and I fucking missed it.'

Peaking through the spaces in between her fingers she saw a monitor displaying a picture of both Todoroki and Bakugou.

Bakugou, for some reason something told (Y/N) that he was to blame for this, along with the pain in her eye.

'I swear I'm fucking cursed'

Everything in her hurt.

Her anguished body craved a touch of tranquility. Something—anything, that would finally leave her at ease.

"(L/N).." A monotonous voice repeated, beyond confused at her bizarre state. "(L/N)..."

She flinched so fast Todoroki almost missed it.

The dualed haired teen stood tall as he studied her face, the usual angsty girl was nowhere to be seen and replaced by someone different; (Y/N) looked like a complete different person.

A 'lost' person.

"..Todoroki, right?" She asked, doubtful.

The dualed haired teen frowned at her words, narrowing his brows as so.

"Yeah?"

"Could you please walk me to where the rest of the class is please...I forgot my way back."

Please? No insult? Asking for help?

Not that he cared but it was completely out of character for her. He knitted his eyebrows in befuddlement at her behavior and decline. "I can't because I'm up next, but if you going straight, you'll see a blue door right next to a water fountain it's that one."

"Oh that's fine." A tad bit embarrassed at the rejection, she avoided eye contact. "Thanks."

━━━━

Midoriya couldn't help but stare, it was silly but a habit of his to study things. Purely attentive eyes observed our protagonist as she searched forsomething or perhaps—someone.

The OFA user knew how much (Y/N) wanted her father to step up and at least watch her achieve something.

It's sad really.

'I need to at least make her hear me out..' Maybe if he brought up the fact that he missed talking to her little sister she would accept. Kagami was her pride and joy.