Chapter 32- The Final Feast

A/N: LAST CHAPTER POG!!! extra long too woooo,, I already have plans and everything in place for Book 2! Thanks to everyone for all the support over the years :)

Killian was confused. Somewhere in between sleeping and waking— between daydreaming and hallucinating. And he could see visions of people; he could hear voices of people. But they were too distorted for him to pinpoint to a single person.

Was it his parents calling out to him? Was it Harry's parents...? Was it the deep and eery sounds he would hear in the early morning hours during his days spent scavenging the Forbidden Forest?

Perhaps it was Hermione; babbling about some tips for incantations that she had read about earlier that day.

And still yet, maybe it was Ron and Harry— bickering and cackling over a game of wizards chess, something Killian believed was far too complicated for him to ever understand.

Yes... wizards chess.

Giant wizards chess.

And flying keys.

And jet-black vines and a room full of potions and fire and—

The Stone!

Quirrel— And Voldemort—!

Killian pushed through his haze, just vaguely remembering that he had something he needed to be doing.

And as his senses flooded back to him properly, and the sting of consciousness surrounded him— there he was: Quirrell.

Though his face was no longer scorched. And he seemed to have.... a beard?

"Good afternoon, Killian," said Dumbledore.

Killian blinked his vision into focus. Then he remembered: "Sir! The Stone! It was Quirrell! He's got the Stone! I don't know where—"

"Calm yourself, dear boy, you are a little behind the times," said Dumbledore. "Quirrell does not have the Stone."

"What...? But he was—" Killian thrusted his hands into his pockets, seeing if perhaps the stone had chosen to seek refuge there once more.

"Killian, please relax, or Madam Pomfrey will have me thrown out."

Killian swallowed and looked around him. He realized he must be in the hospital wing. He was lying in a bed with white linen sheets, and next to him was a table piled high with what looked like half the candy shop.

"Tokens from your friends and admirers," said Dumbledore, beaming.

"What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows. I believe your friends Misters Fred and George Weasley were responsible for trying to send you a toilet seat. No doubt they thought it would amuse you. Madam Pomfrey, however, felt it might not be very hygienic, and confiscated it."

"How long have I been in here?"

"Three days. Potter, Weasley, and Granger will be most relieved you have come round, they have been extremely worried. You've even had a frequent visitor from Slytherin, I believe." Dumbledore seemed to smile aloofly.

Killian squinted. Deciding to think about that later.

"Yes... but um, the Stone —"

"I see you are not to be distracted. Very well, the Stone. Professor Quirrell did not manage to take it from you. I arrived in time to prevent that, although you were doing very well on your own, I must say."