Chapter 17- Funner Isn't a Word

Author's Note: Hey!!!! I'm finally updating, lol. Thank you to everyone for continuing to support this fanfic! I hope you enjoy! (Oh! And thank you for 3k reads!!! ^^)

Christmas was coming. One morning in mid-December, Hogwarts woke to find itself covered in several feet of snow.

It was getting a little too cold for Killian to sleep by the window.

The lake froze solid and the Weasley twins were punished for bewitching several snowballs so that they followed Quirrell around, bouncing off the back of his turban.

Killian may or may not have participated in this as well.

The few owls that managed to battle their way through the stormy sky to deliver mail had to be nursed back to health by Hagrid before they could fly off again.

No one could wait for the holidays to start. While the Gryffindor common room, and the Great Hall had roaring fires, the drafty corridors had become icy and a bitter wind rattled the windows in the classrooms.

Worst of all were Professor Snape's classes down in the dungeons, where their breath rose in a mist before them and they kept as close as
possible to their hot cauldrons.

"I do feel so sorry," said Draco Malfoy, one Potions class, "for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home."

He was looking over at Killian and Harry as he spoke. Crabbe and Goyle chuckled. Harry, who was measuring out powdered spine of lionfish, ignored them.

Killian looked over at Malfoy, his partner, "Oh? How nice of you to say. Feeling extra sympathetic today, are we, Malfoy?"

Killian looked back over at his cauldron and continued speaking. "Personally, I feel bad for the ones who have to go home because their parents don't trust them to be mature enough on their own..."

Killian tried to hide a smirk as he glanced over at Malfoy, who was fuming and red in the face.

Malfoy had been even more unpleasant than usual since the Quidditch match. Disgusted that the Slytherins had lost, he had tried to get everyone laughing at how a wide-mouthed tree frog would be replacing Killian as a Chaser next.

Then he'd realized that nobody found this funny, because they were all so impressed at the way Killian had managed to stay on his bucking broomstick. So Malfoy, jealous and angry, had gone back to taunting Killian about having no proper family.

Of course, Killian was staying at Hogwarts for Christmas. The more Killian thought about it, he determined that technically, this was his home anyways. So, anything Malfoy said about him not being wanted at home was as good as dragon dung.

Harry was also staying at Hogwarts, but Killian thought he seemed very happy about it. From the sounds of it, Killian decided he wouldn't want to go back with the Dursley's either.

Ron and his brothers were staying, too, because Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were going to Romania to visit Charlie.

When Killian, Ron, Harry, and Hermione left the dungeons at the end of Potions, they found a large fir tree blocking the corridor ahead. Two enormous feet sticking out at the bottom, and a loud puffing sound told them that Hagrid was behind it.

"Need any help?" Killian asked cheerfully, moving the branches apart to peer through them.

Ron stood beside Killian. "Yea, It looks like you could use a hand."