Chapter 15- The New "Girl" Chaser?

The next morning dawned very bright and cold. The Great Hall was full of the delicious smell of fried sausages and the cheerful chatter of everyone looking forward to a good Quidditch match.

"You've got to eat some breakfast."

"I don't want anything."

"Just a bit of toast," wheedled Hermione.

"I'm not hungry."

Harry felt terrible. In an hour's time he'd be walking onto the field.

"Harry, you need your strength," said Seamus Finnigan. "Seekers are always the ones who get clobbered by the other team."

"Thanks, Seamus," said Harry, watching Seamus pile ketchup on his sausages.

"Don't freak out, Harry! You should really eat!" Killian had an enormous plate filled high with every available meat on the table.

The piece of toast Hermione had made him take lay forgotten on his napkin as he shoveled food into his mouth.

"I really wouldn't eat that much though..." Seamus said, "I've seen tons of matches where the players throw up after eating too much. All the flying and spinning and crashing can really upset your stomach." Seamus laughed.

Killian paled. He set his fork down, suddenly not hungry anymore.

By eleven o'clock the whole school seemed to be out in the stands around the Quidditch pitch. Many students had binoculars.

The seats might be raised high in the air, but it was still difficult to see what was going on sometimes. Ron and Hermione joined Neville, Seamus, and Dean in the top row.

As a surprise for Harry and Killian, they had painted a large banner on
one of the sheets Scabbers had ruined.

It said, "Killian for King, Potter for President" and Dean, who was good at drawing, had done a large Gryffindor lion underneath.

Then Hermione had performed a tricky little charm so that the paint flashed different colors.

Killian saw the sigh and gaped in amazement. He waved and pointed and hollered up at the stands. Harry had to drag him to the locker room.

On the way, Killian made sure to tell everyone he came by about the "most wonderful sign he'd ever seen". After they got to the locker room, Killian and the rest of the team were changing into their scarlet Quidditch robes (Slytherin would be playing in green).

Wood cleared his throat for silence. "Okay, men," he said. "And women," said Chaser Angelina Johnson. "And women," Wood agreed.

"This is it."

"The big one," said Fred Weasley.

"The one we've all been waiting for," said George.

"We know Oliver's speech by heart," Fred told Killian, "we were on the team last year."

"Shut up, you two," said Wood. "This is the best team Gryffindor's had in years. We're going to win. I know it." He glared at them all as if to say, "Or else."

"Right. It's time. Good luck, all of you." Killian followed Fred and George out of the locker room, who was followed by a less than enthusiastic Harry.

Killian was almost afraid Harry would collapse on the spot. As they went onto the field, the crowd erupted into cheers.

Madam Hooch was refereeing. She stood in the middle of the field waiting for the two teams, her broom in her hand.

"Now, I want a nice fair game, all of you," she said, once they were all gathered around her. Killian noticed that she seemed to be speaking particularly to the Slytherin Captain, Marcus Flint, a sixth year.