Chapter 21- Breath

Killian couldn't catch a break.

Harry was still obsessed with that mirror. The very next day, after they had been caught by Filch's cat, Harry was still determined to go back again that night.

"Harry, that mirror freaks me out. There's something about it that just..." Killian shivered, remembering what he had seen the previous night, "Please don't go back."

Ron nodded. "Yea, I've got a bad feeling about it. You've had too many close calls already. People might not be able to see you, but what happens if you run into them? Or you knock something over?"

"You sound like Hermione." Harry dismissed. "Besides, neither of you even have to go. It'd be just me."

"I'm serious Harry." Killian said.

But, despite his friends warnings, Harry didn't hesitate to leave the room that night, covered in his invisibility cloak.

Killian was wide awake. He listened as Harry slipped out of his bed. Listened to how he grabbed his cloak and how his steps creaked across the floor.

Killian wanted to stop Harry.

'What if something happens?'

But, then again, every time Killian thought about staring at that mirror again, he felt like throwing up.

After a serious internal dilemma, Killian forced himself out of bed, and snuck behind Harry.

'You're a Gryffindor for goodness sake. Start acting like one.'

The cool air of the corridors made Killian shiver as he quietly followed Harry.

Harry however, was being louder than usual as he dashed through the hallways. Luckily, they didn't encounter anyone.

It didn't take nearly as long to get to the room the third time around. Just as Harry was about to open the door, Killian spoke, his voice a bit scratchy.

"Harry!" he whispered harshly.

Harry whipped around. Only his head was visible.

"Killian?!" Harry let out a sigh, "You've got to stop doing that!"

Harry was terribly surprised, but seemed relieved that it had been Killian and not a teacher.

"Harry, can we please go back? I really don't think we should be here." Killian pleaded.

"Come on. I just want to see my parents again. Is that too much to ask?" Harry countered.

Killian opened his mouth but snapped it back shut. Harry took this as his chance to enter the room.

After a short moment, Killian decided he didn't want to be spotted in the hallway.

Harry went straight to the mirror and sat down in front of it. Killian stood against the wall, eyes glued to the floor.

"H-harry.... can we please—"

"So— back again, you two?"

Killian's eyes darted to the opposite side of the room, where Albus Dumbledore was sitting on one of the desks.

'We're in trouble.'

Harry was the first to speak up. "— I didn't see you, sir."

"Strange how nearsighted being invisible can make you," said Dumbledore, and Killian was relieved to see that he was smiling.

"So," said Dumbledore, slipping off the desk to sit on the floor with Harry. He motioned for Killian as well. Killian reluctantly followed, sitting with his back to the mirror.