Chapter 20- The Mirror That Holds Your Horrors

It looked like an unused classroom. The dark shapes of desks and chairs were piled against the walls, and there was an upturned wastepaper basket.

But propped against the wall facing Killian and Harry was something that didn't look as if it belonged there, something that looked as if someone had just put it there to keep it out of the way.

"What is that?" Killian asked.

A magnificent mirror, as high as the ceiling, with an ornate gold frame, was standing on two clawed feet. There was an inscription carved around the top:

Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi.

Killian's panic slowly started to fade now that there was no sound of Filch and Snape. Harry moved nearer to the mirror.

"U-uh... Harry.... I don't really know if you should........" Killian trailed off as Harry stepped in front of the mirror.

Almost as soon as Harry stepped in front of the mirror, he clapped a hand over his mouth and immediately spun around.

"T-there were people..." Harry said, almost breathlessly.

Killian shifted his stance. "People...? What are you talking about?" He gazed around the room.

Harry slowly turned back to the mirror, his face pale and terrified. Harry took another look back over his shoulder.

Killian walked over towards Harry, suddenly uncomfortable being so far away from his friend. "Harry what are you doing? It's freaking me out..."

Killian stood a few feet from Harry as he continued staring into the mirror. But then, Harry spoke in a delicate whisper:

"Mom...? Dad?"

"What?" Killian looked around the room again, feeling incredibly unnerved.

One of Harry's hands reached out to press against the glass. Something didn't sit right in Killian's stomach. He felt as though this mirror was isolated for a reason, and that it might somehow trap Harry inside of itself.

"H-Harry.... I think we should go..." Killian dared to reach a hand out, tugging lightly on the bottom of Harry's sleeve.

This seemed to wake Harry from his trance. He looked Killian straight in the eyes.

"I can see my family."

"Your... family?" Killian asked nervously.

Harry walked behind Killian, grabbing his shoulders and pushing him in front of the mirror.

"Look! It's them. I know it's them." Harry said.

After a few moments, Killian looked into the mirror.

Killian stared with wide eyes and his breath hitched.

There were two oddly familiar people.

He saw...

"It's time to go now."

...

"— I'm scared"