Chapter 3- Meeting the Coward

Just then, a girl with bushy brown hair slid the door open to the compartment containing the three boys. She was with the boy who had lost his toad. Except now, the toad was calmly resting in the boys hands.

"Excuse me," she said in a bossy tone, "Are you the ones who helped Neville find his toad?" "It was all Killian really." Ron admitted. The girl gave all of her attention to the small blonde haired boy.

"Killian Draglore? Are you really? I've read all about you of course, it's an honor to meet you." The girl said with her matter-of-factly tone. She then noticed the boy with glasses sitting across from him.

"And... your Harry Potter! I've read loads about you too! To think I would meet you both here at the same time. And you? What's your name?" She directed her attention to Ron.

"Ron Weasley." His face reddened when the girl simply gave a soft hum in return. "Well my name is Hermione Granger," 'Another name I won't remember.....'

"No one in my family is magic at all, it was ever such a surprise when I got my letter, but I was ever so pleased, of course, I mean, it's the very best school of witchcraft there is--" Hermione droned on.

'She sure likes to talk a lot.' Killian began to feel dizzy at how fast she was speaking. "Do any of you know what house you'll be in? I've been asking around, and I hope I'm in Gryffindor, it sounds by far the best; I hear Dumbledore himself was in it-"

Killian had remembered Dumbledore telling him something about being sorted into "houses". All he knew was, based on Severus Snape, he would prefer not to be in Slytherin.

"You all had better change into your robes, I expect we'll be arriving soon." Hermione said this as she and the boy named Neville with the toad left.

"Whatever house I'm in, I hope she's not in it." Ron said. "So what house were your brothers in?" Harry asked. "Gryffindor," said Ron.

He began to look gloomy, "Mom and dad were in it too. I don't know what they'll say if I'm not. I don't suppose Ravenclaw would be too bad, but imagine if they put me in Slytherin." Ron shuddered.

"That's the house Vol-, I mean, You-Know-Who was in?" Harry asked. "Yea." Ron simply stated, sulking a bit. 'Now I really don't want to be in Slytherin...'

Killian started to think about the sorting that would take place until Harry and Ron began talking about Gringotts. As far as he knew, it was the place they handled the weird coins he couldn't remember the names of.

"It's been all over the Daily Prophet, but I don't suppose you get that with the Muggles -- someone tried to rob a high security vault." said Ron. Harry and Killian stared at Ron.

"Really? What happened to them?" Harry asked. "Nothing, that's why it's such big news. They haven't been caught. My dad says it must've been a powerful Dark wizard to get round Gringotts, but they don't think they took anything, that's what's odd. 'Course, everyone gets scared when something like this happens in case You-Know-Who's behind it." Ron said.

Killian and Harry both got chills whenever Voldemort was mentioned. Ron then began to talk about something called Quidditch. Neither Harry nor Killian had ever heard of this sport. Apparently, you got to fly on a broomstick.

'Ok. Automatically 100% in.'

Then, the compartment door slid open again. Killian looked over and half expected to see Hermione and Neville. Instead, three boys walked in. Harry recognized the one in the middle. He had met him in Diagon Alley.

"Is it true?" the obvious leader of the group said, "They're saying up and down the train that Killian Draglore and Harry Potter are in this compartment. So it's you then?" He asked them both.

"Yes." said Harry. Killian nodded cautiously. The two boys stood at the rather pale boys sides. They looked like mean bodyguards. The boy noticed Killian and Harry staring at them.

"Oh, this is Crabbe, and this is Goyle." He said this rather carelessly. "And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." The boy announced proudly. Ron coughed, which Killian thought was hiding a snicker.

Draco Malloy looked at Ron. "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask who you are. My father told me all the Weasleys have red hair, freckles, and more children than they can afford."

He turned back to Killian and Harry, "You'll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than others. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." Malfoy held out his hand to shake Harry's.

Harry didn't accept it, "I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks." he said coolly. Killian smirked at Harry's remark. Draco Malfoy had a slight pink tinge appear on his face and he looked quite taken aback.

"What about you then? I suppose you've got more sense than these two?" Malfoy asked as he held his hand out to Killian. A great anger rose in Killian's chest.

His eyes flashed yellow, "I'd rather bite off my own hand than have to shake yours." Killian fumed. Malfoy stuck his hand back to his side, his temper rising. "I'd be careful if I were you, Draglore," he said slowly.

"Unless you're a bit politer you'll go the same way as your parents. They didn't know what was good for them, either. You hang around with riffraff like the Weasley's and it'll rub off on you." Killian, Ron, and Harry all stood up.

"Say that again." Ron said red-faced. Malfoy looked amused. "Oh, you're going to fight us now, are you?" he sneered. "Unless you get out now." Harry said a bit more bravely than he felt.

Crabbe and Goyle were a lot bigger than the three of them. "But we don't feel like leaving, do we, boys? We've eaten all our food and you still seem to have some." Goyle reached toward the Chocolate Frogs next to Ron - Ron leapt forward.

Killian was enraged. "Put down the chocolate and leave before you regret it." Killian spoke venomously. He held up his hands and extended his claws threateningly. All three of the boys stepped back. Malfoy's face paled.

Malfoy was the first out of the compartment.

In a matter of seconds, the boys were gone. Killian smirked. 'Better luck next time, girly boy.' Just then, Hermione walked in. She glanced wearily at Killian's claws. He quickly retracted them.

"What has been going on?" She said looking around the compartment. Harry ignored Hermione's question. "You've met Malfoy before?" he asked Ron. Harry explained about meeting him in Diagon Alley.

"I've heard of his family," said Ron darkly. "They were some of the first to come back to our side after You-Know-Who disappeared. Said they'd been bewitched. My dad doesn't believe it. He says Malfoy's father didn't need an excuse to go over to the Dark Side."

He turned to Hermione. "Can we help you with something?" "You'd better hurry up and put your robes on, I've just been up to the front to ask the conductor, and he says we're nearly there. You haven't been fighting, have you? You'll be in trouble before we even get there!"

Ron shook his head, "We haven't done a thing. Killian just scared them so bad, they wet their pants." Ron snickered. "All right -- I only came in here because people outside are behaving very childishly, racing up and down the corridors," said Hermione in a sniffy voice.

With that, she left. The three boys then decided it was time to put on their robes. All of them were nervous. Before Killian knew it, they were joining the enormous crowd of students bustling to get off the train.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm really looking forward to all of the fights Malfoy and Killian will have. (It's so funny when Malfoy gets frustrated.)