Chapter 7- Kidnappers

Killian, Harry, and Ron arrived at Hagrid's small wooden house sometime after potions class. Killian and Harry hadn't been in the highest spirits, as they had both lost a point for Gryffindor that day.

Killian knocked at the door and he heard Fang bark from inside. Then Hagrid's voice rang out, saying, "Back, Fang -- back."

Hagrid's big, hairy face appeared in the crack as he pulled the door open. "Hang on," he said. "Back, Fang." He let them in, struggling to keep a hold on the collar of the enormous black boarhound.

There was only one room inside. Hams and pheasants were hanging from the ceiling, a copper kettle was boiling on the open fire, and in the corner stood a massive bed with a patchwork quilt over it.

"Make yerselves at home," said Hagrid, letting go of Fang, who bounded straight at Killian and started licking his ears. Like Hagrid, Fang was clearly not as fierce as he looked.

"Hi, Fang! It's been a while hasn't it!" Killian wrestled with the giant dog, but stopped momentarily to introduce Ron.

"This is Ron," Killian told Hagrid, who was pouring boiling water into a large teapot and putting rock cakes onto a plate.

"Another Weasley, eh?" said Hagrid, glancing at Ron's freckles. "I spent half me life chasin' yer twin brothers away from the forest."

The rock cakes were shapeless lumps with raisins that almost broke their teeth, but Harry and Ron pretended to be enjoying them as they told Hagrid all about their first lessons.

"Oh right! Almost forgot!" Hagrid reached up and grabbed one of the pheasants hanging from the ceiling. He set it on the ground next to Killian.

"There ya are, Crow!" Hagrid beamed as Killian ravaged the pheasant, occasionally throwing a piece to Fang.

The three boys were delighted to hear Hagrid call Filch "that old git." "An' as fer that cat, Mrs. Norris, I'd like ter introduce her to Fang sometime. D'yeh know, every time I go up ter the school, she follows me everywhere? Can't get rid of her -- Filch puts her up to it."

Harry began to tell Hagrid about the potions lesson that day. Hagrid told Killian and Harry not to worry. He said Snape hardly liked any of his students. "I think he hates us especially though, I'm telling you Hagrid." said Killian, long finished with his pheasant.

"Rubbish!" said Hagrid, "Why would he?" Hagrid partially avoided their gaze. "How's yer brother Charlie?" Hagrid asked Ron. "I liked him a lot -- great with animals." Hagrid said as he grabbed another pheasant and tossed it to Killian. ("You haven't been gettin' nuff to eat, have you Crow?")

Harry picked up a newspaper as Ron told Hagrid about his brother's work with dragons. Suddenly, Harry shouted out, "Hagrid! That Gringotts break-in happened on my birthday! It might've been happening while we were there!"

Killian noticed Hagrid's eyes wandered away from Harry's gaze. Killian remembered talking about the Gringotts break in on the train. 'Harry and Hagrid were there?'

Timeskip:
"Thank you, Hagrid-- yes, yes, I'm sure I'm not still hungry... Goodbye." Killian waved to Hagrid as the door to his little shack was closed.

As the 3 boys stepped down from the door, 2 hooded figures rounded the corner and grasped Killian. A hand went over his mouth as he was quickly dragged into the forest.

"Killian!" Harry yelled. Ron and Harry chased after the figures. Killian struggled against the grasp of the two figures as he was dragged backwards.

Leaves and sticks scraped at his legs. When they had made it a little ways into the forest, the cloaked figures let Killian go. Killian spun around, claws out.