Chapter 28- The Cloaked Man

A/N: Nearly two years later and here's a new update. Incredible. Inspiring. Not that anyone's reading this nowadays— but I'm currently hyperfixated on Harry Potter once again— so tada~

Finally.

Exams were finished.

Overjoyed, Killian suggested that they all go outside to relax— all the studying had stressed him out beyond belief.

They found a shady spot under a tree next to the black lake. Down the hill, Killian could see Lee Jordan and the Weasley twins messing with a Giant Squid who had come up to bask in the shallows.

Killian vaguely wondered if Giant Squid made for a good snack.

As they all stretched out onto the grass, Killian felt a dull ache in his collarbone. He looked over to Harry, who was scrunching his brow.

"Yours too?" Killian asked as they locked eyes.

Harry nodded, "I wish I knew what it meant...."

"Hm? What is it?" Hermione asked, sitting crisscross.

"Our scars keep hurting." Killian supplied.

"Go to Madam Pomfrey." suggested Hermione.

"We're not ill—" Harry started, "I think it's a sign— a warning... that dangers coming."

"Like our spidey sense." Killian concluded, striking a fist to his palm.

"A what...?" Ron mumbled, but was quickly interrupted by Hermione continuing the conversation.

"Relax, Harry. The Stone's safe as long as Dumbledore's around. Anyway, we've never had any proof Snape found out how to get past Fluffy. He nearly had his leg ripped off once, he's not going to try it again in a hurry. And Hagrid wouldn't just give up the stone that easily— He'd never let Dumbledore down." Hermione reasoned.

Harry nodded, but he couldn't shake off a lurking feeling that there was something he'd forgotten to do, something important.

But Hagrid would never betray Dumbledore. Hagrid would never tell anyone how to get past Fluffy... never... but...

Harry suddenly jumped to his feet.

"Where're you going?" said Ron sleepily.

"I've just thought of something," said Harry. He had turned white. "We've got to go and see Hagrid, now."

"Okay!" Killian said eagerly, jumping up and following Harry.

"What— why?" panted Hermione, hurrying to keep up.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd," said Harry, scrambling up the grassy slope, "that what Hagrid wants more than anything else is a dragon, and a stranger turns up who just happens to have an egg in his pocket? How many people wander around with dragon eggs if it's against wizard law? Lucky they found Hagrid, don't you think? Why didn't I see it before?"

"What are you talking about?" said Ron, but Harry, sprinting across the grounds toward the forest, didn't answer.

Killian was just happy to go see Fang and Hagrid— he didn't really need an explanation.

Hagrid was sitting in an armchair outside his house; his trousers and sleeves were rolled up, and he was shelling peas into a large bowl.

"Hullo," he said, smiling. "Finished yer exams? Got time fer a drink?"