Chapter 7: Tyrogues Evolutions, Goldenrod City and Pokéathlon

The gang were on their way to a city called Goldenrod City so that Luna could earn her fourth gym there.

"In the guide book," Brock said, "Goldenrod City is the largest city in Johto."

"That sounds marvellous," Misty said, "I think I'll do a nice window shop there and sight see there."

Luna figured that Misty was going to say that because Misty loved to sight see and look through shops.

Just then Brock saw something in the guide book. "It says here that there is a Day Care Centre near Goldenrod City." He said.

"Really?" Misty said, "then let's visit it before we go to Goldenrod City."

"Yeah I want to visit too," Brock said, "I would love to see some Pokémon Eggs."

Tomo wanted to go too

Luna agreed to the idea, besides she hadn't seen Pokémon eggs for a while ever since Togepi and her Eevees hatched and one more egg that she is holding rubbing it gently.

They soon came to the Day Care Centre; it was a pretty smart building with a garden for Pokémon to walk through.

They introduced themselves to Marry and Watson the elderly couple who ran it and asked them if they could see the Pokémon and eggs.

"Of course you younglings can." Watson said.

We are always happy to show trainers the pokemon and eggs we raise here." Marry said.

There were many baby Pokémon in the day care centre.

There were a Wooper, a Togepi, a Spinarak, a Magby, an Elekid, a Teddiursa, an Aipom and a Sentret. There was also a ladybird type Pokémon called Ledyba, a bug Pokémon, Cleffa and Igglybuff that were dancing with each other.

"Ahh these Pokémon are so cute." Misty squealed. She didn't like Spinarak but she liked the other Pokémon.

Tomo started to play with the baby Pokémon at once.

"Do be careful with them Tomo." Luna said.

Next the elderly couple showed the gang a room where they kept Pokémon eggs.

There were shelves full of colourful eggs, all tucked up in nests.

"Wow," Luna gasped looking around, "I've never seen so many Pokémon eggs in one place in all my life."

"Me neither." Misty said.

Brock sighed in bliss; being surrounded with baby Pokémon and eggs was a Pokémon's doctor dream come true.

"My wife and I love our job of caring Pokémon eggs and raising baby Pokémon." Watson said.

"I understand why," said Brock, "besides who wouldn't want to be surrounded by Pokémon eggs and cute baby Pokémon?"

"What my favourite part is watching the Pokémon eggs hatch." Marry said. She was carrying a yellow egg, with a big black pattern, in her arms.

Luna smiled, "I know what you mean." She told them about the times when her Cresselia, Dratini and two Eevees hatched from their eggs. And that she has one more waiting.

Then Misty told them about the time when her Togepi hatched from her egg.

"Hatching your own Pokémon egg hatch is always a happy time for trainers." Watson said with a smile.

Suddenly the yellow and black egg in Marry's arms started to glow.

"Hey that means it's going to hatch." Brock said excitedly.