Chapter 13: A Sumo Competition? Electric Company. A Cunning Smergle and Kecleon?

The gang were still on their way to Olivine City. At the moment they came to a village named Rikishii Town.

"This is a nice looking village," Misty said, "it also looks like what Japan used to look like four hundred years ago."

Just then something caught Tomo's eyes, it was a big blue Pokémon that looked like aa bulky, bipedal crocodilian Pokémon that is primarily blue with accents of red and yellow. It has large, powerful jaws that are able to bite and lock down on opponents. Three pointed teeth are visible when Feraligatr closes its mouth, two from the lower jaw and one from the upper. It has three sets of spikes on its body. The one on its back appears particularly prominent, due to its size and the bulk of its shoulders. It has a bisected, V-shaped yellow pattern between its thighs. Feraligatr also has large scales on its arms, tail, and legs.

"What's that Pokémon?" He asked.

"Wow, that's a Feraligatr the final evolved form of Totodile." Luna said.

Feraligatr, the Big Jaw Pokémon.
The final evolved form of Totodile. Once a Feraligatr has clamped its powerful jaws around an opponent, it won't let go until the opponent is defeated.

"I can't wait for my Totodile to evolve into that Pokémon." Misty said dreamily.

Luna smiled, "Neither can I."

At that time Feraligatr was fighting a Nidoking, but neither of them was using attacks at each other. In fact what they were just doing was wrestling each other.

"It looks like the Pokémon are sumo wrestling." Luna said.

Just then Feraligatr tossed Nidoking to the ground, gaining a win.

Then Feraligatr sumo wrestled with some other Pokémon one after another: a Heracross and a Granbull.

"Wow that Feraligatr is really strong." Misty said.

"Yeah and after all that battling it's done so far, it looks like it wants to battle some more." Brock said.

Two men were with Feraligatr.

The first man was Feraligatr's trainer, named Raiden, and the other man was an old man named Shonosuke.

"You've done very well Feraligatr," Raiden said, "let's take a break now."

"Your Feraligatr has become much stronger Raiden." Shonosuke said.

"I plan to win the king's rock Shonosuke." Raiden said.

Just then the gang walked up and introduced themselves to Raiden and Shonosuke. Raiden explained that in Rikishii Town they held a Pokémon Sumo Tournament called the Sumo Conference, once a year.

"Trainers here train their Pokémon all the time like me to compete in the Sumo Conference." Raiden said.

Shonosuke explained that he was the director of the Pokémon sumo society. He also explained that Pokémon sumo wrestling was when two Pokémon battled each other, using only their physical strength. The Pokémon had to be the heavy type to enter; otherwise no one could enter it. It was also forbidden for the Pokémon to use any attacks like flamethrower, ice beam, focus punch, thunderbolt etc.

The winner would receive a king's rock.

"Why have a King's Rock for a prize?" Luna asked.

"Because the King's Rock looks like a crown," Shonosuke explained, "and it makes trainer and Pokémon, who win it, feel proud because of all the training they've done to gain it."

Luna asked Shonosuke if it was too late to enter now.

"No if you want to enter Luna, you may." Shonosuke said.