Chapter 21: The Extreme Pokémon Race! Meet Phanpy! The Loyal Ninetails!

The gang were now on the way to Mahogany Town, where Luna could get her seventh gym badge.

Right now they came to a town called Eggseter Town.

It was a beautiful town, surrounded by mountains, valleys and hills.

Just as the gang were about to head over to the town, they had an unexpected surprise.

They saw Gary Oak riding on a skateboard, which was being pulled by Arcanine, around the green hills.

"Hey Gary!" Luna called out.

Gary noticed the gang and greeted them at once, "It's been a while since we last saw each other." He said.

Gary hasn't notice Luna's hair turned green at the bottom due to her hiding it underneath her jacket, Misty through it would be better so if she meets anyone they know they wouldn't notice it, Luna agreed to do so.

"So Gary, what's with the skateboarding?" Luna asked.

"Well Luna, Arcanine and I are going to enter the Pokémon Extreme Race." Gary answered.

"What's that?" Luna asked.

Gary didn't answer; instead he and Arcanine took off.

"He could've just say say something." She frown.

The gang also noticed that other trainers were skateboarding with their Pokémon.

"I guess they are all practicing for this Pokémon Extreme Race." Brock said.

The gang had a meal in a restaurant in Eggseter Town.

But Luna kept thinking about the Pokémon extreme race. "I think I want to enter this race," she admitted to the others, "but I don't know a thing about this Pokémon Extreme Race."

"Perhaps I can help." A voice said. The voice belonged to an elderly man, who was sitting near the gang in the restaurant. "I participated in the Pokémon Extreme Race a few times in my time," he said, "so I will gladly help you practice for the race."

"Really?" Luna asked then bow, "Thank you sir."

The man introduced himself as Mr Shellby and the gang introduced themselves.

Mr Shellby gave the gang a ride on his Tauros and cart.

"So Mr Shellby, what is the Pokémon Extreme Race about?" Luna asked.

"Well Luna, the Pokémon extreme race is a sport that has been a tradition here in Eggseter Town for a long time," Mr Shellby explained, "you see a long time ago, before cars, trains, buses and bikes were invented, people used Pokémon to travel from the countryside to town, especially when there was an emergency. And even though there are now cars and all of that around, the people still love to ride with Pokémon, so we came up with the sport for them to enjoy."

Just then Tomo noticed a house, with some people holding Pokémon eggs.

"Is that a Pokémon Day Care Centre?" He asked.

"It is Tomo," Mr Shellby answered, "there are lots of Pokémon Day Care Centres around here. In fact my wife and I run one too."

"Wow, could we visit it please?" Tomo asked.

"Yeah can we?" Misty asked, "it's been a while since we last visited a Day Care Centre and we love looking at Pokémon eggs."

"Certainly," Mr Shellby said, "I will gladly take you there."

Mr Shellby brought the gang to his Pokémon day care center and introduced his wife to the gang.

"It's so nice to have some company here." Mrs Shellby said.