Chapter 8: Bug Catching Contest! The Dojo and The Wannabe Trainer

After the Pokéathlon event was over, the gang noticed that an event was happening in the National Park.

The park keeper explained that they were holding a Bug Catching Contest. "You go through the park and catch a bug Pokémon for yourself and the winner gets a SunStone. And the trainers, who come first, second and third get to keep the bug Pokémon they captured."

Misty decided to stay out of that because she didn't like bugs, but Luna defiantly wanted to enter.

Tomo asked the keeper if he could enter as well, even though he was only nine years old.

The park keeper said that any kids from eight to sixteen could enter, as long as they had a Pokémon with them.

Luna and Tomo got in line to register at once.

"I hope to win and get a new Pokémon big sister." Tomo said.

"So do I Tomo." Luna said.

"I must ask," said Misty,"is a sun stone an evolutionary stone?"

"Yes it is," Brock said, "it evolves a Gloom into a Bellossom and a Sunkern into a Sunflora."

"It would be nice to win that," Luna said, "and I could add it to my evolutionary stone collection."

Just then a girl, wearing a yellow and black striped jacket came up to the gang, it was Casey. "Hi guys." She greeted.

"Hi Casey," Luna said, "how have you been?"

"I have been great," Casey replied, "my Pokémon and I have been on a winning streak like my favourite team the Electabuzz. And my team of yellow Pokémon, with black stripes is starting to build."

Casey had caught herself a Beedrill and a Flaffy. She explained that Flaffy evolves into an Ampharos, which is a yellow pokemon with black stripes.

"But I still haven't caught an Electabuzz yet, but I will get one. But for now I am focusing if winning this bug catching contest and getting a new bug type Pokémon."

Tomo revealed to Casey that he had an Elekid the pre-evolved form of Electabuzz and that Luna has the evolved form of Electabuzz, Electivire.

Casey was shocked and felt defeated, but soon perked herself up again, "I'm not letting that get me down." She said.

After Luna, Tomo and Casey signed up for the bug catching contest, the announcer explained all the rules.

Next all the trainers were given a Park Ball each.

"You can only catch a bug Pokémon with the Park Ball," said the announcer, "and the judges will decided which three bug Pokémon are the best for first, second and third place."

Then the bug catching contest began.

All those who registered started running through the park to catch a bug Pokémon, while those who didn't register, including Misty and Brock, sat down in stadium seats and watched the event from a big screen.

Luna and Tomo went together so that they wouldn't be separated.

"Where shall we look?" Tomo asked.

"Well bug Pokémon always take shelter in bushes and trees," Luna said, "so I intend to search through the bushes and trees first."

Tomo agreed and went with Luna towards the trees.

Pichu and Zorua had their ears ready to listen for bug Pokémon and Growlithe had his nose ready to sniff them out.

Trainers were looking everywhere for the bug Pokémon; through bushes, through grass and looking between the branches of trees.

There were all kinds of bug Pokémon in the forest: Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree, Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Scyther, Pinsir, Venonat, Venomoth, Paras, Parasect, Spinarak, Ledyba and Pineco.