Chapter 9: Fishing Contest! Beauty Contest! Grass Pokémon Tournament!

Today the gang were at a stream and Misty was training her Goldeen.

Misty hardly had that much chance to train Goldeen, because usually she had been in towns, cities and other places that didn't have any places for the Goldeen to swim about it.

Misty's Goldeen was actually quite strong for a fish type Pokémon, she battled really well in the water and she knew many moves: peck, horn attack, fury attack, flail, water fall, ice beam, agility, supersonic, horn drill, aqua ring, mega horn and poison jab. She also had the egg move hydro pump. So even though Misty's Goldeen didn't look much, she was a good battler.

Suddenly Goldeen start to glow and then she evolved into a large, orange, fish-like Pokémon. It has billowing caudal and pectoral fins, all of which are white specked with black. However, its dorsal fin is pure white and rigid. It has round, dark eyes, prominent pink lips, and small fangs, as well as a horn in the center of its forehead.

"Wow Seaking," said Misty, "you look more magnificent than ever."

"I've got to say Misty," said Brock, "all of your water Pokémon are looking greater every time you train them."

"Thanks Brock and I am proud of all of them." Misty said. Right now she had Staryu, Totodile, Seaking and her two Poliwhirls.

"Are you going to evolve your two Poliwhirls into Politoeds when they are more experience?" Luna asked.

"That is correct Lu." Misty replied, "I need to train them some more."

Suddenly a Poliwrath came out of nowhere and punched one of Misty's Poliwhirl really hard.

"Hey what did you do that for?" Misty demanded, tending to her Poliwhirl.

"Because that Poliwhirl of yours is a wimp." A voice said. The voice belonged to a boy, with blue-green hair, and he was carrying a fishing rod.

"How dare you call my Poliwhirl a wimp!" Misty shouted.

"Well it is your wimp," said the boy, "and so are your other Poliwhirl, your Staryu and your Totodile. None of them have evolved yet."

"Hey just because they hadn't evolved, that does not mean that they aren't great Pokémon." Luna said, "And plus you have no right to what so ever to judge a trainers like that."

Pichu had sparks coming out of her cheeks.

"That's right." Brock said, "Pokémon can be strong even without evolving."

"Whatever." The boy scoffed. Apparently he was one of those trainers that believe that Pokémon are only strong when they evolve.

Misty wanted to battle him, but the boy said he had business to do and walked off with is Poliwrath.

"That little brat!" Misty growled.

"He's a jerk!" Tomo shouted.

Luna and Brock agreed.

The gang were just about to walk down a road, when they noticed a lot of people with fishing rods.

"I wonder what's going on." Luna said.

Luna asked one of the fishermen what was up with all the trainers.

"The Seaking catching contest is on today." The fisherman said.

"Seaking catching contest huh?" Luna said, "That sounds interesting, let's check it out."

Tomo, Misty and Brock agreed to that idea.

The Seaking competition was held at a gigantic lake and lots of people, with fishing rods, were there.

A man, who was in charge, explained the rules:
1. Those who were entering the competition needed to use only one Pokémon to help the fisherman catch the biggest Seaking they could find.
2. They could use any rod, reel, lure and bait they wanted to.
3. They only used one PokéBall called a lake ball to catch the Seaking. The Lake Ball was a green, blue, white and yellow PokéBall.
4. After the time was up they all had to have their Seaking weighed to see who wins.