Chapter 22: Johto Champion Lance and The Red Gyarados Rage!

The gang were now getting close to Mahogany Town.

"I can't wait to battle the gym in Mahogany Town." Luna said.

"I can't wait for an earned rest in Mahogany Town." Misty said.

Only thing was they were a little bit lost.

Suddenly Growlithe and Togepi started to faint.

Pichu and Zorua looked at them wondering what happen.

"What's wrong?" Misty asked. She checked Togepi all over. "Togepi does look sick, but she doesn't feel sick, no fever or anything."

Just then Brock saw some wild grass and bug Pokémon and they all looked sick.

"There's something weird going on around here," Brock said, "and I don't like it."

Luna, Tomo and Misty didn't like it either.

"Pichu and Zorua are the only two Pokémon that is not effected by it."

Luna suddenly felt pain in her chest, "Ouch." She said trying to calm down the Jade Orb.

"Luna!/ Mew!" Tomo, Brock and Misty shouted out in alarm.

"I'm okay." Luna said and then she told a breath the Jade Orb stopped, "See."

They nodded.

Suddenly a roaring noise was heard not far from where the gang was standing.

"What was that?" Tomo asked.

"That sounded like a Gyarados," Luna said, "and a very angry one too."

"We better see what's going on," Brock said, "there might be trouble about."

The gang came to a huge lake, and then suddenly a red Gyarados burst out of the lake.

The gang got scared by that.

"That Gyarados is shiny like Triton." Luna said.

Gyarados began swaying about in the lake.

"I think that Gyarados is sick too." Brock said.

"Your right Brock," Luna said, "and it seems to be in terrible pain too. We should go and get some help."

The gang were about to leave, but then three men came up to them.

"You kids aren't going anywhere," one of the men said, who seemed to be the leader, "especially you have seen the red Gyarados."

"You are Team Rocket!" Luna shouted noticing the R sign on the men's vests.

"Since you kids also know who we are," the man said, "it's all more the reason to not let you kids go." The man sent out a Fearow to battle gang.

Luna sent out Pichu to battle Fearow and gave it a quick thunder that cracked the ground and it hit Fearow and fainted.

"You like brat!" He shouted. The man was about the call out another Fearow.

But then, at that moment the Fearow was struck by a thunder wave attack.

A man, with red hair, was riding a Dragonite. "You kids get away from here." The man said.

The gang did as they were told and started to run away into the forest.

The Team Rocket agents didn't want the kids to get away, but the man had his Dragonite distract the agents with whirlwind, which blew the agents off their feet.

Then the man left with Dragonite to where the gang was.

At that time, the gang had now stopped running, and then the man and his Dragonite showed up.