Chapter 18: Lugia's Arc

After the Whirl Cup tournament was over, the gang had headed over to Silver Rock Isle, the fourth island of the Whirl Islands.

The gang had decided that it was time to locate the Lugia they saw on their way to Blue Point Isle.

When they arrived at a city called Kasado City, they found out that all the jewellery in the shops was made out of pure silver and in the shape of the silver wing.

There was also food in the shape of the silver wing.

Luna thought that everything looked great, but they didn't compare to her real silver wing.

The reason why everything was in the shape of the silver wing, was because long ago some sailor's ship sank in a terrible storm and just when they were about to die, a mysterious Pokémon saved their lives. After saving the sailor's lives the mysterious Pokémon left behind a silver wing, which is why everyone on Silver Rock Isle is obsessed with the silver wing.

When they finished visiting Kasado City, they headed over to a long tunnel, which headed to another island called Ogi Isle.

Once they got to Ogi Isle they found a very big surprise there; Ritchie and his Pikachu, Sparky were there.

Luna and Ritchie were happy to see each other again because they hadn't seen each other since the Pokémon League in Kanto.

The Pichu, Zorua and Sparky were happy to see each other too.

"So Ritchie what brings you here?" Luna asked.

Ritchie explained that he had heard rumours of a mysterious Pokémon lurking around Ogi Isle and came to see if the rumours were true.

"That's why we are here too, the truth is we know what the Pokémon is. It is a Lugia."

"What, really?" Ritchie said in surprise, "I've read about Lugia, but how do you know that it's a Lugia Lu?"

Luna explained to Ritchie about seeing its shadow and hearing its cry at Blue Point Isle.

"And the reason why I recognize it as a Lugia is because I have a Lugia of my own." Luna released Arashi from his PokéBall.

Ritchie and Sparky could not believe their eyes once they saw Luna's Lugia.

"Wow Lu, how in the world did you obtain a Lugia?" Ritchie asked in amazement.

Luna explained to Ritchie about meeting her Lugia's parent in the Orange Islands and about getting her Lugia when it was only a baby.

"Wow Luna," Ritchie said, "you are so lucky to have gone through something like that."

"Let me tell you something Ritchie," Luna said, "at that time Misty, Tomo, Tracey, who was our companion in the Orange Islands, and I went through a lot of things, before I obtained my Lugia."

"Lu is right," Misty said, "we had gone through many strange adventures through the Orange Islands and here in the Johto region."

"Wow I'm jealous of you guys." Ritchie said.

At that moment, Arashi dived into the ocean and started to swim about.

"Lugia must have wanted to have a swim for a while." Misty said.

"Well I don't blame Lugia for wanting to swim in the ocean," Brock said, "I mean he's been swimming in a big lakes at Professor Oak's lately."

Luna looked around the area "Since there are no people here," she said, "he can swim and fly around here easily without anyone seeing him."

"Has he not been able to swim in the ocean lately?" Ritchie asked.

"Well he has been in the ocean a couple of times before," Luna answered, "but we try and make sure that no one, apart from us, is around while he's in the ocean. I mean if everyone saw Arashi someone would try to steal him from me."