Chapter 14: The Light House! Shuckle Group and Cianwood Gym!

After days of travelling, the gang made it to Olivine City.

"Finally we're here," Luna said, "now I can earn my fifth gym badge."

"Do you know what Pokémon to use for this gym Lu?" Misty asked.

"Yep, I found out earlier that this gym uses steel type Pokémon," Luna said, "so I will use Quilava and Houndour because fire beats steel type."

"Trust you to think things out Luna." Brock smiled.

The gang arrived at the Olivine Gym.

It was designed of a big steeled roof.

Luna knocked on the door and asked for a battle, but there was no answer, so she tried again, but still no answer came.

"Do you think the gym leader isn't here?" Misty asked.

Just before her question was answered, the door opened and out came a little girl

"Hi there," the girl greeted, "my name is Janina and I'm Jasmine's apprentice."

"Jasmine? Is she the gym leader?" Luna asked. "Is she here then?"

"Yes Jasmine's the gym leader," Janina answered, "but I think she's at the shining light house at the wharf. She has been going there a lot lately."

"Oh really?" Luna asked, "then we shall go there to ask Jasmine for a gym battle then."

Janina led the gang to the lighthouse.

"So Janina," Misty said, "I take it you wish to take over the leadership of Olivine Gym for Jasmine when you're older?"

"Yes I do," said Janina, "but sometimes I don't think I'm cut out for it."

"Huh? Why do you think that?" Misty asked.

"Well because Jasmine says that I don't fully understand my Onix," Janina said, "and there still so many things about being a trainer and gym leader that I don't understand. And I don't think I'm strong enough, because my Onix always gets beaten by water type Pokémon."

"That doesn't matter though," Brock said, "rock Pokémon grow stronger every time they lose to water Pokémon. I'm from Pewter Gym, the rock Pokémon gym, and losing helps you're Pokémon get strong. I had an Onix, before I evolved it into Steelix, and even if he doesn't like water, we still battled against a lot of water Pokémon in the past. We didn't give up and neither should you or your Onix."

"Brock's right Janina," Luna said, "besides if you do lose a match, you just have to keep trying until you win it."

Janina had a thought about what Brock and Luna said.

Janina and the gang soon reached the wharf.

There were two lighthouses; one was the old brick built lighthouse, and the other was the modern stone built lighthouse.

"The old brick lighthouse is the shining lighthouse, and it has been around for a very, very long time." Janine explained.

"Wow, let's check it out." Luna said.

"Yeah, lets." Misty said. So they all went inside.

"Hello is everyone one here?" Luna called out.

No one replied.

"Jasmine is probably at the very top of the lighthouse, where the light bit is." Janine said.

Everyone began to walk up the stairs to the very top.

When they got to the top, they noticed a yellow, bipedal Pokémon with a white belly. It has conical ears with black stripes and a red orb on its forehead. Its long neck has several black rings around it near the base. Its stubby arms resemble flippers and each foot has a single white nail. It has a long, black-striped tail with a red orb at the tip, next to the beacon of the light house.