6

Lisa feels so tiny, which says a lot because she's the tallest woman in the room.

In front of her are Jennie's older sisters. Irene on the opposite couch, taking a sip of her tea while eyeing Lisa, and Jisoo who's on a separate chair glaring at her phone for the longest time.

The silence was killing her. She wonders if she should just go up to Jennie's room and wait there when Seulgi came barging in from the front door.

Wanting to greet her, Lisa opened her mouth to say something when she realized the worry on Seulgi's face as she head straight to her girlfriend and sat beside her.

"Irene..."

"I don't wanna hear it."

"But you've got to believe me, she's just a friend," Seulgi says desperately, exhaustion evident on her voice.

"Why isn't she replying to me," Jisoo mutters under her breath, still glaring at her phone.

Irene glared at Seulgi. "Well not anymore."

To Lisa's surprise, Seulgi just nodded. "Of course, baby. Now please don't be angry? Sunmi is nothing to me."

Lisa wonders if it's the same Sunmi as her landlord. Are there a lot of Sunmis in town?

"Dammit," Jisoo curses at her phone, closing her eyes briefly as she took a deep breath. Lisa looks away when Jisoo caught her staring as soon as she opened her eyes.

"Lisa you should come over often," Irene suddenly tells her, "Our parents will be home tonight, we'll probably dine outside. You should come. Mom miss seeing you around."

Lisa opens her mouth to say something when Jisoo beat her to it.

"How do I say it, you kinda scare her that's why she seldom comes over anymore," Jisoo crosses her legs, her eyes on the older sister.

Seulgi sighs. "Jisoo."

Irene lets out a sarcastic laugh. "Lisa's not you though. My God Jisoo, you and your inferiority."

Lisa tenses up, feeling trapped in the situation. That is until she caught sight of the youngest Kim going down the staircase wearing a white sleeveless chiffon top underneath her brown leather jacket, a pair of tight ripped jeans and cowboy ankle boots. Jennie's black long hair is perfectly curled at the end, giving her this breathtaking look in Lisa's opinion. Because her breath was taken away and the three other people in the room could tell.

The Thai rubs her sweaty hands on her pants before grabbing her denim jacket beside her to stand up and meet Jennie half way. "Hey, happy birthday."

Jennie smiled wide and snakes her arms around Lisa's shoulder for a hug, "Thanks Lili."

Jisoo clears her throat while Irene smirks.

"Happy birthday Jen!" Seulgi greets her.

Jennie glances at them and sweetly thanks her.

"You remember the family dinner tonight, right?" Irene reminds her.

"Bring Manoban with you," Jisoo cocks her head to the side, her eyes on Lisa.

"We'll see if we could come," Jennie takes her hand and pulls her, "Let's go Lili."

"Yah!" Irene stood up. "That dinner is for your birthday celebration how could you not—YAH!"

Lisa's eyes widened as Jennie was already pulling her outside the house, the only thing she could do was bow her head to them before finally exiting. Lisa should be worrying about Jennie making her sisters mad, but instead she was lost in trance watching Jennie excitedly walk hand in hand with Lisa.