33

From xxxx: I told you to be careful.

Lisa has been staring blankly at that text for a while now but the unknown sender didn't reply when she asked who they were.

Maybe a friend is just pranking her.

"Why does this phone's battery easily runs out," she mumbled, seeing it already at 19%.

Today, she's back at work and her customers included both Jisoo and Winter.

"Jennie's amazing though. I can't believe she looked for Lisa, found her and carried her all the way to her car," Winter just wouldn't drop the subject about Lisa's accident in Jeju. "Your sister is fearless."

Lisa overheard the conversation as she was serving her friends their ice cream. She also sat beside them since there are no other customers.

"I was surprised too. Seriously, the woods was too huge and I don't even know how she thought of looking for me there. She could've thought I jogged near the beach, or downtown," Lisa pondered while scratching her brow, "And it was lunch time when I woke up in the car. It didn't take her that long yo find me so I guess, I'm really lucky."

"Jennie's used to wandering in the forest. One of our uncles used to bring her to the woods to teach her about hunting too," Jisoo tells them while eating her ice cream.

"Really? I didn't know that," Lisa sounded surprised.

"Have you found out your anonymous sender yet?" Winter asks, talking about the text Lisa received.

"Nope. And my phone's almost dead. It always is!"

Winter's face turns serious as she leans closer to the two, urging them to lean closer as well. "What if Joy sent that message?"

Jisoo scoffed. "Don't scare her."

In different circumstances, Lisa would probably be moved about Jisoo thinking about her well being.

"Think about it," whispered Winter, "She's practically obsessed with you. What if those girls died because they were close to you, Lisa? Maybe she's jealous. And now she's trying to reach you."

Goosebumps prickled Lisa's skin.

Jisoo glared at Winter. "Don't cause unnecessary terror. If this weak bitch cowers in fear, you're dead to my sister."

"And if she inserted some spy camera in your apartment before, what if she also hacked into your phone? That makes sense, isn't it? That's why your battery's always low," Winter whispers still, but this time covering Lisa's phone away from them.

Jisoo and Lisa looked at each other before both hitting Winter's head.

"Aw!"

"That's so far fetched now," Lisa clicked her tongue then stood up.

"Hey, I got my powerbank with me. Wanna charge your phone?" Jisoo offers, which surprised Lisa again.

"Oh, yeah. Thanks."

Winter smiled wide while tugging Lisa's sleeve to catch her attention again, "Lis, can I try your ice cream machine at the back? Please?"

"And waste food?"

"What, no! I will eat it. I want more anyways."

"Make sure you'll pay for it."

"Yeah, yeah! Chu, wanna try too?" Winter grins.

But Jisoo just rolled her eyes. "No thanks. Enjoy, kiddo."

-

Lisa has been walking back and forth in her room when Jennie, still busy drying her hair with towel as she came from the bathroom, saw her.