32

"Something's wrong, isn't it? Tell me, Rosé," Lisa softly says while talking to her friend over the phone.

She went for a jog and decided to call her on her way back to the villa when she received a message from the girl asking if she's heard the news.

"I'll tell you once you get back here-"

"Or you can tell me now," Lisa crouched down to tie her shoelace, putting the phone in between her ear and shoulder. "Come on, Rosie. I'll be too bothered to enjoy this vacation if you won't say anything."

"Fine. It's probably better that you know," the Aussie sighed. "Listen, Lis. I heard Tzuyu has been gone for a while, right? Joy's friend?"

"Yeah? Is she back?"

"Her... her body was found last night."

Lisa quickly stood up, taking the phone to put it on her other ear. "What do you mean her body was found last night?"

"She's dead," Rosé quietly says, "People were saying her eyes were.. brutally damaged. One was even plucked out, traumatized with acid even before getting drilled. I don't really know how accurate it is but they were saying she was tortured before she was killed."

Lisa slowly sat on a log, feeling her knees go weak. "Who would do that to her?" she doesn't know whether to feel horrified, angry or sad for her friend. It was making her feel lightheaded. Thinking about what Tzuyu went through is already making her throw up.

"They're suspecting Joy."

"What?!"

"They couldn't find her but they found a drill in her room. It looks like she's the prime suspect."

"But they're friends! And anyone could have that drill in their home."

"They also found... things in her room."

Lisa was pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration. "What?"

"Your pictures. And... some of them are inside your apartment, Lis. There are even videos. You'll probably hear from the cops soon. I just heard they discovered it a few minutes ago. Joy's flatmate is my friend that's why she told me about it."

"How did she get those?" Lisa's head was spinning. "Did she... did she bug me or something?"

"Probably. Be careful, alright? They still haven't found her."

"Call me if there's anything else. Thanks Rosé... I-I need to go."

Lisa let her arm fall to her side. She doesn't know how to deal with all those things she just heard and later, she found herself spacing out while walking mindlessly.

She looked at her arms, feeling them prickle alongside the spine-chilling terror she's feeling.

Soon, she was in the middle of nowhere and all she can see are the trees surrounding here in the woods. She groaned, not remembering her tracks. She put out her phone but there was no signal.

The day barely started and her head was swirling already with too many thoughts and worries.

"Dammit," she kicked a stone on her way.

She looked around, walked faster and tried to recall her way back but the woods was creeping her out. She can hear the rustling of the leaves and thoughts of wild animals scared crossed her mind.

Lisa was almost running, desperate to find a way out when she took a step and experienced a mishap, causing her to slip in the muddy land and twist her ankle. She panicked and groaned in pain as she fell down, bumping into stones and logs.